• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some advice on how to handle a vendor

kryn13

Reaction score
Early July I took a friend to a shirt maker I have used in the past with the intent of introducing them to custom made shirts.

A deposit was taken and my friend was promised a initial shirt by the end of July. However, the end of July has come and gone and we're now into mid-August. My friend has not heard from the shirt maker and has called a bunch of times and e-mailed, both to no avail. I have also e-mailed and PM'd, without results.

I really like the work this person does but the lack of customer service is quite distressing. We lament the fact that there are fewer and fewer providers of quality goods, but at the same time, receiving this level of service does not encourage a person to want to seek out these services.

My friend has certainly not received a very good first experience with custom shirt making and it has turned him off to 'artisanal goods'.

Any advice on how to elicit a better response would certainly be appreciated. Or, do we just have to put up with this behavior?

BryanHarig

Reaction score
You took him there in person to place the order correct? If so, go back and demand satisfaction in person.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BryanHarig
You took him there in person to place the order correct? If so, go back and demand satisfaction in person.
I agree, go there and voice your dissatisfaction.

kryn13

Reaction score
In person is a great idea. Except that the shirt maker is in a different city. Both my friend and I were working there regularly, until this past week. Now, we will not be back in that city for an unknown period of time.

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kryn13
In person is a great idea. Except that the shirt maker is in a different city. Both my friend and I were working there regularly, until this past week. Now, we will not be back in that city for an unknown period of time.

You need to make time to visit and resolve this issue. The reputation of the shirtmaker, and more importantly, your reputation with your friend, is at stake. You recommended the shirtmaker, you have a vested interest in this...

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis
You need to make time to visit and resolve this issue. The reputation of the shirtmaker, and more importantly, your reputation with your friend, is at stake. You recommended the shirtmaker, you have a vested interest in this...

Indeed. Lest your friend being to suspect that you and the shirtmaker are partners in some elaborate scheme to lure in first time bespoke shirt buyers and steal their money, destroying their image of bespoke shirting, and condemning them to RTW shirts for all eternity!

N.N.O.P

Reaction score
make the vendor aware that you have been a customer in the past, were in the process of referring friends and associates to them, all this future income will be lost, not just this one sale which your friend can get his money back from. plus the damage to their rep all for the sake of a simple explanatory phone call!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads