• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need slippers

Cliffaharley

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and this style of clothing. I am getting older and am developing a keener sense of value and style.

I am in serious need of a pair of slippers for around the house use. I hate to go stocking footed and with the new flooring without, I cannot/will not wear my shoes in the house.

Any suggestions on a mid line slipper ( I have 2 teens and one 4 yr old that are hampering my discretionary income) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vendors that immediately come to mind are:
Shipton & Heneage
Stubbs & Wootton

Brooks Brothers has some in their Peal line, which may just be re-branded S&H.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Broadland Slippers (search SF for size advice). Check my avatar.
smile.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cliffaharley
with the new flooring without, I cannot/will not wear my shoes in the house.

Any suggestions on a mid line slipper

Maybe something of this ilk by L. B. Evans (they offer others as well) . Easy on both flooring and pocketbook.

Shoes_iA52807.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Not wildly extravagant but still very nice:
http://www.draper-of-glastonbury.com...de=productlist
I sent them an email before I bought a pair and man named Draper constructed a thoughtful reply. They are still made in Glastonbury if that matters.

edit: rather disturbing how low on stock they are. Also Pediwear has no items in stock either.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Got these English slippers from the wife for Christmas. Merchant: Ben Silver. Love 'em.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a pair of these once every three or four years. I've been wearing them for nearly 20 years. The rubber soul is great since it allows you to go outside if you have to get the mail or whatever.

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cliffaharley
I am new to the forum and this style of clothing. I am getting older and am developing a keener sense of value and style.

I am in serious need of a pair of slippers for around the house use. I hate to go stocking footed and with the new flooring without, I cannot/will not wear my shoes in the house.

Any suggestions on a mid line slipper ( I have 2 teens and one 4 yr old that are hampering my discretionary income) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Would you be opposed to hand-made moccasins?

Cliffaharley

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info - I am digesting it.

Shoe City Thinker -
I need to have a semi hard sole to keep my feet from hurting.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Brian_I

Reaction score
I got these from JCPenney for Christmas from my wife. They are under $30 but they feel nice and look pretty good for around the house. I can't justify spending hundreds on a regular shoe let alone ones I'm only going to wear indoors.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian_I
I got these from JCPenney for Christmas from my wife. They are under $30 but they feel nice and look pretty good for around the house. I can't justify spending hundreds on a regular shoe let alone ones I'm only going to wear indoors.
nm

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian_I

I politely suspect that once your post count is around 300+ and/or you've been a member for 6 months or more, you'll look back on that last line and laugh (or cry...).
teacha.gif

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
I politely suspect that once your post count is around 300+ and/or you've been a member for 6 months or more, you'll look back on that last line and laugh (or cry...).
teacha.gif

+1. Mostly cry, I reckon. I'm crying already with ~60 post count.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads