• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need slim v-neck sweater, online

Goblin

Reaction score
I need a nice, slim-fitting black v-neck sweater, available from an online merchant. I'd like to avoid visible brand logos if possible.

I wear a Small (34-36) in basically everything, and I'm looking to come in at about $90, shipping included.

Recommendations?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'd also go with the JCrew but the sizing is tricky. I've tried on size smalls and they were too big for me and I'm a bit larger than Goblin (38 chest), but they do offer an XS and I'd go with that option.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I'd get a J.Crew merino sweater. They are among the most durably sweaters I have. The run nice and slim - you may even be able to get away with a medium. No logos, and in your price range.

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat108032

How do the sleeve/body lengths run, in your (or anyone else's) experience? I'm relatively lanky and have what apparently are freakishly long arms, so shirts and sweaters that fit me well in the chest often end up looking like 3/4 sleeve jerseys.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IME, the sleeves are relatively long on JCrew stuff. I, on the other hand, have shortish arms and they usually are too long for me.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
IME, the sleeves are relatively long on JCrew stuff. I, on the other hand, have shortish arms and they usually are too long for me.
Then you'll never be able to guard me in the post.
tounge.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
tounge.gif

Lawyers suck at basketball.

boxing[1].gif

dimshum

Reaction score
American Apparel now offers slim cut v-neck sweaters online. I haven't been to their store yet to see if they have it in stock, but it seems pretty nice.

Josh_Howard

Reaction score
The American Apparel V-neck sweater is awesome. heres the link to the store: http://www.americanapparelstore.com/rsaf401.html This item is store exclusive but I have friends in high places and could probably get it for you for about 30 bucks plus 4.50 shipping in the U.S. I sell other American Apparel stuff for wholesale if your interested. Email me at [email protected] or you can send me a pm.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Lawyers suck at basketball.

boxing[1].gif

You mean those weren't NBA scouts sitting in the stands at my "C"-level Lawyer's League games?
****, back to the billable hour.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
tounge.gif

You never saw my lightning speed, have you? I pwnz the rock!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Brooks Brothers sweaters. They fit well and are much higher quality than JCrew and Banana IMO for not much more $$.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I was passing by the bb at scp and I saw an amazing two tone cardigan. I was in a rush so I couldn't be bothered to scour the mannequin for the tag for fear of appearing to grope it to passers by.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads