1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need serious help with shirt/tie combo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seanalexgray, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Seanalexgray

Seanalexgray New Member

Hello, I've just stmbled across this wonderful site last night and have probably logged about 15hrs thus far reading posts and whatnot. I'm definitely new to the men's suiting game and seems like all of you have some pretty serious style. I'm having a hell of a time finding the right look for a vintage hickey freeman suit I picked up last year. I've had my tailor do some great alteration work for me so it fits well, but I can't seem to figure out the correct shirt/tie combo.

Unfortunately I've only ever thought to look towards skinny lapel skinny tie look, and I'm growing out of that phase of my life, and it for sure doesn't work with the look of the jacket. I always seem to lean towards white shirts, and I don't know how to dissect a fabric and pick out solid tones and or different patterns I could utilize[=http://instagr.am/p/OpLjnKHDm5/]

I've tried to post a pic of the fabric, hopefully it works, I'm new to this kind of stuff.