• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinions on the fit of 3 new suits

supersan7

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions on the 3 suits below. These are one size smaller than the ones I posted recently, which people thought were one size too big.

Any advice on where they need tailoring would be great. I'm in a tiny city that doesn't have any top notch tailors, so I'd love to get input on where they definitely need tailoring, and where some tailoring would be nice yet is not key.

I have somewhat broad shoulders. I don't need a really cut look for the people I'll use the suit with, yet need to look good overall. I'd like to keep all 3 if they can be tailored to fit for under $90. The tailor said they'd charge $40 for the back, $50 for doing both sides, $10 for pant hems, and $15 per arm. I also plan to get a second of the gray because I work in two different parts of the US and want to have the same suits in each and just carry ties. I'll wear dress shirts, but am wearing t-shirts in the pics.

On the tan suits, there are a couple of creases near the pockets on the chest. I had these shipped, and am not sure if the creases are likely from shipping, or if it indicates a problem. For example, maybe someone else bought them, incorrectly ironed them and then returned them? Or a manufacturing problem. The gray suit plus the 3 previous larger suits I had shipped don't have any creases. I can try to have the tailor steam them out. But if someone has seen this and thinks the problem is probably going to resurface some days after steaming, I'd welcome the input.

Please no major debates on JAB. :) I got their $1k suits for only $125 each. They always have sales for 50 to 60% off so they're really only about $450 most of the time, but $125 is still a good price and everyone I've shown them to in person say they're nice. I only need to wear a suit once a month so these will only get 3 wears a year each so their durability won't matter much for me.

I put three photos of each below, and this link has more; they follow the same order with Tan 1 first, then Gray, then Tan 2 -

http://pdunn.smugmug.com/Other/newsize

TAN 1

865646532_yDEpV-M.jpg

865646557_QYX4v-M.jpg

865646511_BFmqU-M.jpg

GRAY

865646841_rf9H5-M.jpg

865647008_3dgox-M.jpg

865646862_gmsqt-M.jpg

TAN 2: same color but they cut each suit a little different

865647258_KBarx-M.jpg

865647347_mPJuE-M.jpg

865647349_a9Gr4-M.jpg

Thanks

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
definitely a marked improvement over last time, however you still need some work. It would have been better to wear a dress shirt underneath so people could comment on the sleeve length, however I personally think the sleeves need to be shortened a bit. I would do some marginal waist suppression and call it a day..................don't spend more on tailoring than the actual garment.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return them...those look horrendous on you. Putting aside construction or whatever, they simply dont look good on you and probably wont regardless of how much tailoring is put into them.

Shoulders look really inelegant, sleeves look like double the size of your arm, the armholes are about halfway down your torso.

vincerich

Reaction score
For all suits, my critique is as follows:

1) The shoulders are too wide/Take in the back.
2) The sleeves should be narrowed.
3) The waist could use suppression, but it's not a must have. EDIT: waist suppression is needed.
4) The sleeves may be too long but the way that you hold your arms makes it tough to tell.

EDIT #2: If it's possible, I'd think about going down another size or two.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is some advice...put on a FUKKIN' shirt if you want advice!!!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a box.
So, you realize you didnt save $850.00 per suit, right?
The suits look progressively worse from 1-3. Shoulders look horrid, and from there it only gets worse.
If the shoulders do not look good, the suit is worth....get ready....$0.00
SO, you didnt save anything, rather you blew$375.00 on stuff that doesnt look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads