• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need opinions on fit (pics)

trees

Reaction score
got this suit a few days ago and still not sure if the jacket is too small or not. should it be longer? wider? size up? the back vent seems to never be fully flush against my back and flares a bit.

untitled11zb4.jpg

untitled2no9.jpg

untitled12yd7.jpg

ATM

Reaction score
Looks too short to me.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is too short by a few inches. Also, how does the jacket feel in the shoulders? It looks like you might be a bit wide in the shoulders, but that's secondary to the shortness of the jacket.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anything I think the waist is to tight. Maybe the chest too. If the chest and shoulders are all right I'd try to let the waist out. If the chest or shoulders seem to tight I'd go up a size and take it from there.

So there you go. Everyone seems to have a different opinion
blush.gif

Rolo

Reaction score
Jacket is way too short and waist too tight. I think the jacket sleeves are OK, but the shirt sleeves are too long. I'm OK with the chest and shoulders.

I wouldn't size up but I would go longer. For example if this were a 38S, I'd look at a 38R or 38L.

The vent problem might be resolved with a longer jacket.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
Jacket is way too short and waist too tight. I think the jacket sleeves are OK, but the shirt sleeves are too long. I'm OK with the chest and shoulders.

I wouldn't size up but I would go longer. For example if this were a 38S, I'd look at a 38R or 38L.

The vent problem might be resolved with a longer jacket.

+1

If he sizes up, the shoulders are too big.

trees

Reaction score
thanks guys. the size of this is 36R, so im probably best to go with either a 36L or 38R depending on the fit.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trees
thanks guys. the size of this is 36R, so im probably best to go with either a 36L or 38R depending on the fit.

37L if you can find it.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trees

May I ask who makes the suit?

water

Reaction score
Oh well, I think it looks pretty good except for the vent flare.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Right. It seems that if the waist was let out then the back would drape properly and all would be solved...including the length.
confused.gif

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
^^^ Right. It seems that if the waist was let out then the back would drape properly and all would be solved...including the length.
confused.gif

I don't think so. The side shots don't show the jacket being hiked up in back. It's pretty straight from front to back. I think that the extra inch by going from a regular to a long would make a world of difference. The jacket would still be a bit short, but in a younger/hip sort of way rather than a "doesn't fit" look. Letting out the waist would unlikely affect the front and right now the jacket barely clears the wrist bones which is unusual unless the wearer has extraordinarily long arms (and even them some compensation in extra length should be made for the sake of balance).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads