Need opinions on colors for wedding clothes!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zJ0n, Jun 6, 2010.

1. zJ0n

zJ0n New Member

What a great website! Anyway, this is for a wedding. Its a lose wedding, so we can wear anything really. I want to look a little bold/different. The colors I want to use are: white, black, or pinstripe. So this is the combinations I have come up with so far and need some opinions please!

(No jackets etc, JUST shirt/tie)
    (AND all shirts will be FITTED style)

Black shirt. White tie. Black pants/shoes/belt

Pinstripe black shirt. White tie. Black pants/shoes/belt
    http://blog.erikadotsonphotography.c...1-1024x682.jpg

White shirt. Black Tie. Black pants/shoes/belt

If you have any other opinions I would greatly appreciate it. Keep in mind though Im not really looking for something to normal! Thanks!

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Unless this is a fake and/or novelty wedding show some class and wear traditional wedding dress. If you take pictures and eventually have kids you shouldn't be embarrassed to show them how you dressed.

3. tcnjbanker123

tcnjbanker123 Senior member

Unless this is a fake and/or novelty wedding show some class and wear traditional wedding dress. If you take pictures and eventually have kids you shouldn't be embarrassed to show them how you dressed.

^ This

If you do wear white shirt black tie black pants you'll be dressed more poorly than the waiters, in fact i'm pretty sure thats the uniform at every olive garden in the country

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Its a lose wedding, so we can wear anything really.

I hear you, brutha.

- B

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

lose wedding? [​IMG]

6. zJ0n

zJ0n New Member

Would a black shirt, white tie be ok? I agree with you there, I want to look sharp but still a little bold. Im a male guest, im not in the wedding.

7. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

Dawg. If you are not in the wedding: dress nice not Heidi Fleiss.

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Please don't do this. As a guest, you should not even think about dressing 'bold.' The day is about them, not you of course. You should dress to fit in.

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Please don't do this. As a guest, you should not even think about dressing 'bold.' The day is about them, not you of course. You should dress to fit in.

This^^^!
    Go to a club and be "bold" in your dress! But make sure you take money for the cover charge! They charge ment to get in clubs!

10. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

This. You don't want to be the guy people look at in photo's and say "who the hell is that guy?". If it was your wedding, you can do w/e you want .. but it's not. Better yet .. if your good friends with the bride call her up and ask her what to wear.

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Would a black shirt, white tie be ok?

Black shirt with a white tie is never ok.

White shirt and black tie/suit will look like you're going to a funeral, but is preferable to any outfit that contains a black shirt.

Since the wedding doesn't have a black & white theme, what is your opposition to wearing a little bit of colour to differentiate yourself from the waiters?

12. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

I pulled off black shirt silver tie in 1995. Otherwise good luck.

13. Man of Wealth and Taste

Man of Wealth and Taste Senior member

Black shirt with a white tie is never ok.

Incorrect. Tell me zJon, are you going to ask the bride's father for a favour, as he cannot turn one down on the day of his daughter's wedding? If so, the white on black is pretty much standard.

14. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

Tell me, what's "bold" about black and white? hahaha. Unless by "bold" you mean committing a fashion no-no, then I need clarification. If you REALLY want to be bold, why not just wear a seersucker to the wedding? Those things are ugly as all heck and come in a wide range of colors. You'll certainly turn heads. It takes a really dillusional (or bold) person to wear one and think that he looks good.

15. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

This^^^!
    Go to a club and be "bold" in your dress! But make sure you take money for the cover charge! They charge ment to get in clubs!

That's ok. If you know what you're doing, the women are more than willing to "pay their way" later.