• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinion on white shoes with jeans!

styleep

Reaction score
Hi everyone, very new to the forum.
teacha.gif
I've been eying a pair of Marc Ecko's Phranz Portray shoes for quite some time but I'm wondering if wearing white shoes with jeans would be an awkward match. I'm concerned that people might stare and think that my colour combination is a little off.

I'm a teenager living in a summer climate environment so I guess white shoes should be good to wear, but I'm not so sure with what. I usually wear dark couloured t-shirts too. Are these shoes too hoody or rapper style?

Here's the pair I'm looking to pair with my dark blue Levi's jeans:

ecko_PhPort.jpg

Any recommendations or advice would be welcome. Thanks!
smile.gif

Doppler4000

Reaction score
Well, you see bright white with jeans and t-shirts all the time for casual wear so no one is going to be pointing any fingers at you.... Do what you like.

I'm not crazy about the particular pair you posted, however.

stvnr

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with white shoes and jeans.

Like the poster above, the shows you posted aren't my style but to each his own.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White shoes with jeans: Definitely yes.
The shoes you posted with anything: No.

Those shoes are fugly.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doppler4000
Well, you see bright white with jeans and t-shirts all the time for casual wear so no one is going to be pointing any fingers at you.... Do what you like.

I'm not crazy about the particular pair you posted, however.

white shoes - sure.

that pair? not really.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love white sneakers with jeans - I dont think those shoes are too 'hoody', but more a school-kid look

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ecko is a sellout, he has less to do with the hood than 50.
And to "ecko" the sentiment, that is not a very good choice IMHO. Go for something without graphics, they will make you look like a twelve year old.

styleep

Reaction score
Wow guys, I didn't know my taste was that bad! This pair was found on my search for non-athletic shoes. Haha anyway I've decided not get that pair and am looking for another pair.

I prefer the "skater shoes shape" or shoes with laces, not anything too stylish (leather pointy lacoste) as I decided I'm not that mature yet. Any colour will do, but it is to wear with dark blue jeans. I wouldn't want chucks but I think those nike's may suit me although they are a little too common. I did a little research and found that white shoes may make my short legs even shorter so I think I'll settle for darker ones. Nothing too warm too as I walk around a lot.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleep
Wow guys, I didn't know my taste was that bad! This pair was found on my search for non-athletic shoes. Haha anyway I've decided not get that pair and am looking for another pair.

I prefer the "skater shoes shape" or shoes with laces, not anything too stylish (leather pointy lacoste) as I decided I'm not that mature yet. Any colour will do, but it is to wear with dark blue jeans. I wouldn't want chucks but I think those nike's may suit me although they are a little too common.

I think white shoes with jeans make one look school boyish.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some Addidas Stan Smith's instead, see below:

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I cry foul, this is some market research shenanigan's from Ecko HQ!. The post is too well constructed for the kind of youngster that would think Ecko footwear is cool, if it was full of spelling errors and lots of z's replacing the letter s then maybe....

hey you!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I cry foul, this is some market research shenanigan's from Ecko HQ!. The post is too well constructed for the kind of youngster that would think Ecko footwear is cool, if it was full of spelling errors and lots of z's replacing the letter s then maybe....

Haha! Agreed.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
White shoe options, from cheapest to most expensive:

chinatown plimsol (~$20)
converses (~$40)
adidas stan smith (~$60)
spring courts (~$80 canvas, slightly more leather)
common projects ($$$$ balla)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads