• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinion on Suit fitting (Pics included)

MythBuster

Reaction score
I need help trying to find a properly sized suit for myself. The suit I'm interested in is Calvin Klein Slim Fit (Separates) in Midnight color. I'm going for the slim fit look But Not too slim that it'll look funny 2-3 years from now, since I wear suit only 2-3 times a year.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...T_FIT=Slim Fit&sp=1&spc=32&ruleId=78&slotId=1

I'm 5'11", 36" chest, 32" waist and normally wear Levi's jeans with 32" length.

The combo I original got was 36R with 32W x 32L pants. The pants were too long, so I got 32Wx30L. I feel the jacket length is a bit short and that my crotch area is a bit too visible. What do you guys think?

Yesterday, I went back to the store and looked for a 36L, but couldn't find one so I got a 38R and tried that and this is what it looks like. I think the jacket length is perfect on this one, however, I'm wondering if it's a bit too long for slim fit styling? Also, since it's 38R...the chest area is a bit too loose for my 36" chest.

What do you guys think...should I go with 36R, 38L OR look for 36L? Do pants look good?

I also tried a Bar III suit (Slim Fit) and it was much slimmer than CK, however, the fabric was plain black. CK's fabric has nice stripes on it.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
It's hard for me to sort through the captions and bad photos... but overall, none of these look too bad to me. Ask someone at the store. Try trusting the salespeople, maybe?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dreadful photographs and holding your arm up to hold the camera makes it quite impossible to judge the suits.

Try again and do it properly this time - and post in the correct thread if you want anyone to respond.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads