1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need member input on edward green cardiff

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, May 10, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

Recently returned from a trip to California. On a whim, we stopped at a Neiman Marcus for a bathroom break with the kids and I decided to look at their shoes. There were the Edward Green (Purple Label) Cardiff's, possibly Edwardian Antique color, in what I thought were my size, 6.5 E English/7 US. I purchased them as I was in a hurry to try on later. Beautiful shoes. I can see now why the forum members like Edward Green so much. Unfortunately the shoes are not quite big enough for me. I am thinking of listing the shoes on eBay and would like some input from forum members as to a starting price and how to best present EG shoes. Unfortunately I have no box or custom shoe trees as I understand the Purple Label shoes will come with. I have included some pictures. Could I get your input? Is the smaller size going to limit me or is there a market for the 6.5 UK size out there? Thanks in advance. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

I think 250-300 would be a fair starting price. You sure you don't want to consider shrinking your feet to fit in those gorgeous shoes? [​IMG]

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

Let me tell you, I've tried to fit into these shoes. I wear orthotics, which take up about a half size, and can't quite fit in without the orthotics. I'm bummed to say the least.

It's amazing how pictures can't do EG shoes justice.

4. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Maybe you could find a podiatrist to do some sort of "bone shave" where they plane your feet down. [​IMG]

5. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

6. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Over the last 7-8 months, I've kept a very close watch on EGs and EG/RLPLs that have been for sale on EBay. I've bought several as well. For brand new EGs, I have seen quite a few sell for more than $400 but I don't think I've seen any go for over $500. Most new ones have high starting prices (high= $350+).

If the size is not one in high demand though, you may not get any bids, esp. if the starting price is $400+. However, this seems to be rare. If I were you, I'd either start out at $250 and set a $400 reserve, or just "feel the water" by starting out with a $375 or $400 opening bid with a $450 or so "Buy it Now" option.

EGs rarely seem to generate bidding wars. For those EGs that do, I wouldn't be surprised to find they are between regulars on this board. Lobbs, on the other hand, do generate bidding battles as they are simply more well-known. Good luck.

7. don_andomo

don_andomo Active Member

At which neiman marcus store did you buy those shoes?

8. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

Sooooo, John... when you say "Shipping to the United States, Canada, England, Germany, or Japan only.", you mean "and Australia, too"... Right? [​IMG]

9. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

Yes, Austrailia will work. Nothing to Trelew, Argentina though.