1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need label help: "N H 1888"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlanC, Jan 22, 2005.

1. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

I picked up a couple of ties at a newly discovered consignment store today, a paisley Etro and a tie by an unknown-to-me label. It's a wool-silk blend, self tipped and self keeper (sewn properly into the seam), made in Italy. The label reads "N H 1888" with the 1888 superimposed on the "N H". Anyone know what brand it is? [​IMG]

2. AJL

AJL Well-Known Member

I believe that's Nick Hilton, which Gary Drinkwater sells at his shop and made mention of in a recent post in Buying & Selling: "Southwick and Nick Hilton are our two clothing collections. Southwick is an American company who led the industry in the eighties and is experiencing a renaissance so to speak with a new designer John Kalell who I had the pleasure of working with at Louis. Nick Hilton, whose father is Norman Hilton, another great American designer, has been creating clothing since the late eighties and manufactures his collections in Italy. I recently told Nick not to change a thing in his garments for he has arrived. Soft, luxurious with fabric to die for."

3. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

JL, bingo. Note the logo at the bottom of the page. That's it. He must be using the same logo to reference Nick Hilton and Norman Hilton. Very well made tie, too. Worth every bit of the $4 I paid for it... [​IMG]