• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Jeans Badly

flyjordan

Reaction score
Whats up guys? I need some help here.

All the jeans I have are from Nordstrom (Rock & Republic, True Religion, Paper Denim) and they all seem to fit extremely poorly. I look like i am trying way too hard, and thats not the case, they are just the jeans I have........

I want a pair of jeans that i can wear to work, to dinner, and on the weekends. Something dark and simple.

I am built fairly well, so I usually end up going up a size so my quads will fit the pants. This ends up in a hige waist and too much length.....and then I have to cuff the demin. Is this look okay?

Any suggestions are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jordan

velobran

Reaction score
There are several threads on what denim is dark, simple and classic. I recommend searching on APC, as they are a great brand to start with.

I doubt you will have to size up. Many of us have large quads and we all think our own are bigger than everyone elses (comparing quads is the new penis comparison).

flyjordan

Reaction score
Everything I read says to go down 2 sizes in APC??? Is this true?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyjordan
Everything I read says to go down 2 sizes in APC??? Is this true?

Yup. They're vanity sized.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Yup. They're vanity sized.

plus they stretch.

flyjordan- This has all been covered incredibly thoroughly in other threads. take a browse.

flyjordan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
plus they stretch.

flyjordan- This has all been covered incredibly thoroughly in other threads. take a browse.

Cairo-

Sorry. I'm new to this. Will be more carefull from here on out. But thanks for the insight.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyjordan
Cairo- Sorry. I'm new to this. Will be more carefull from here on out. But thanks for the insight.
no problem
smile.gif
I just meant to say that many of your questions will likely be answered if you read through some threads (there is the WAYWN thread to browse and see what you like, there is the APC questions thread, but that one can be pretty redundant page to page, and lots of others)

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Since he's new, he might not realize that WAYWN is "What Are You Wearning Now." Immensely helpful thread. One piece of advice, don't make the mistake of thinking that just because something is expensive it will look good on you no matter what. Also, if people recommend sizing down on a particular item, make sure you do. Lastly, if you buy an American Apparel cardigan, don't button the top button, it makes you look like you have boobs. You now know everything I know about clothing. Go get 'em, tiger.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, given what the OP's goals are (not to break in dry jeans to perfection), APC is probably not a great choice, and given his build, I'd say Rag & Bone RB6 would be just about perfect.

beezteez123

Reaction score
Get selvage nudies, dark in most areas, fades great in crease areas

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 5ep is the way to go. How big are your thighs anyway?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads