• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Jean Advice...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I need to buy six pairs of jeans and would like to have the following:

1. Price at or below $100.
2. Fashionable but not very forward.
3. Softer, more comfortable denim than basic Levis but durable.
4. Traditional straight leg fit.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand names on sale are always the best bet imo. Earnest Sewn is my favorite prewashed jean at the moment and APC NS are my favorite unwashed jean at the moment. You can find Earnest Sewn readily at most discount stores.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I checked out the Earnest Sewn website and it is impressive.

What stores normally carry them? and what discount stores do you find them in?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Ultimately but 3-4 to start, ideally each around $100, possibly $120. I just really want comfort and a somewhat updated look to my Levis.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Ultimately but 3-4 to start, ideally each around $100, possibly $120. I just really want comfort and a somewhat updated look to my Levis.

If you've got 600 bucks to blow on denim, why not buy two pairs of kickass jeans? Like a pair of PBJs, SD103s, 5EP, R&B, Samurai's, Nudies, Imperials, Sugarcane etc... damn, why settle for a pair of mediocre jeans everyday when you can wear some special jeans everyday?
teacha.gif
Quality over quantity especially for denim.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earnest Sewn can be had at, Filenes Basement, Nordstrom Rack, Off 5th, Last Call, Crossroads, Buffalo Exchange and sometime Marshalls. I think the dude wants a pair that are reasonable and can be worn with almost anything. If he really wants a good jean jsut go with APC, cheap, realiable and quality enough to be a bum around jeans and a dress jean.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Thanks Bubbly. We have a Nordstrom Rack not too far away...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
If you've got 600 bucks to blow on denim, why not buy two pairs of kickass jeans? Like a pair of PBJs, SD103s, 5EP, R&B, Samurai's, Nudies, Imperials, Sugarcane etc... damn, why settle for a pair of mediocre jeans everyday when you can wear some special jeans everyday? Quality over quantity especially for denim.

Fair point. I may do that...

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you do decide to do that, I do not recommend getting the PBJ because I have a bit of an itchy problem with it because it is very slubby. Going Commando is also not recommended. OOO, also, get Rag and Bone those jeans are the ****. I like the RB11, nice and slim.

Brian SD

Reaction score

Get one pair of APCs to try out the raw denim thing. Refer to the sizing thread (linked in the "read first" thread) to find out what you should get.

The fit of APCs is really nice. You'll be impressed. Just be prepared for denim that will feel like sheet metal to you until it's been washed.

nomovement

Reaction score
crate denim, activeendeavors.com-I think too, that style forum gets a discount.
also, yep, APC-you won't be sorry.
and then, to average it out a bit, h&m has 1-2 styles per year (out of like 20-30) that work well and those jeans cost as much as a lunch.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
PC!!

Though I did see one pair of NS on sale @ Steven Alan. CHEAP.... only $65. Size 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads