• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help with Varvatos shoes

kerrly

Reaction score
I am wondering if any of you knowledgeable cats has any idea the name of these JV shoes, so I can hunt for my size:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...446_7_15_RE_-1

It seems that JV gets a bad rap around here, but I can care less. I likes what I likes, you dig. If you can't help me with this specific model, maybe one of you has some Varvatos plain toe oxfords in black that you would like to sell me. New condition would be preferred.

Thanks.

kerrly

Reaction score
Why? sans the typical style forum rhetoric.

royskeen

Reaction score
I like JV shoes--I can't afford Aldens or Edward Greens, but I've been able to get three of his shoes for substantial discounts. I don't know the model, but every JV shoe that I have bought was at least 1/2 size larger than advertised.

kerrly

Reaction score
Thanks, I was going to ask about sizing as well. That will be crucial info for me as I live in a center where the best store carries Hugo Boss, and Bikkembergs. When I travel for work, I rarely have time to check out any shops. I have to do most of my shopping online. I am open to other brands, but currently I am looking for some shoes that fit this silhouette. If any pros on here can recommend something to me, I would be more than open to it. Like royskeen above, I would love to get a pair or two of JV shoes at a discount. If anyone knows of a place to find the shoes above and the link below at less than retail I would be forever appreciative. http://www.johnvarvatos.com/Murray_D...32/p/1287.html And before someone says Google it or check eBay, I have resorted to both methods many many times to no avail. I was hoping someone might have stumbled across either pair in their searches and would point me in the right direction.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.