• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help with style

Merrlicious

Reaction score
I just recently got into the whole Indie and urban style. I was wondering, what kind of clothes do I need to achieve their styles and where can I get them? I know cardigans are very in right now but if someone could give me advise on what to wear or where to buy it (maybe some pics), that would be great.

Oh also I'm planning to get the Gossip Girl scarf (from J. Press) but not sure how to wear it. Can anyone give me some pictures on ways to wear a scarf?

Metropolis

Reaction score
Urban Outfitters, Topman, and the like are now your new best friends. Just keep in mind - dyed black hair with streaks of green, red, orange, and a dab of pink is not indie. And, don't go all out with piercings. Snakebites are atrocious. And, cut down your shaving to half-as-often. Edit - As for the scarf - It looks like a.. regular scarf?
From that picture - It sort of just looks.. on his shoulders. Nothing special.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try H&M, American Apparel, or Uniqlo. Personally, I can only vouch for H&M. I have yet to buy anything from AA and Uniqlo. I don't live close to any stores, so I would have to order through the internet. Internet shopping always seems risky to me, but if you're into it, go for it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 76 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 148 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%