1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with retailer in Netherlands...do you speak Dutch?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rogerm, Jan 30, 2013.

1. rogerm

rogerm Senior member

If you speak Dutch, or maybe German, I could really use some help. Back in November I sent a bunch of money to a shoe store in the Netherlands. I picked out a bunch of things (LSA shoe box and Saphir products) and there has been nothing but problems with the order. First the shoe box was damaged by UPS. So they had to order another one. When they received that, they sent the order by DHL, but DHL returned it back to them (twice), and now the shoe shoe store says DHL lost the order. They haven't responded to my emails. They are kinda slow at responding, but I would really like help speaking to them. I could send you a couple of bucks, or if I have something in your size, I could hook you up http://tinyurl.com/ag6r3wd

2. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

I do speak Dutch, having lived there for a while and married one of them, also for a while. But I'm not on here enough or available offline enough to help directly, sorry. It is a simple language made challenging neither by its grammar nor its spelling, but by its curious pronunciation.

However, having [as above], it is a fact that almost everyone in Holland speaks English. Bus drivers, shop assistants, checkout girls in supermarkets - everyone. Sometimes well enough to embarass native English speakers with their fluency and vocabulary.

If that fails, Google Translate may become your friend.

3. jimrude

jimrude Active Member

Yes, I speak Dutch. I am Dutch. Shoot me an email and let me know how I can help. I am based on the West Coast (Portland, OR).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013