1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*NEED HELP WITH PROM*

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brbatthegym, Apr 9, 2013.

1. brbatthegym

brbatthegym New Member

Hello all! New guy here on the SF.

I did a couple of quick searches about what to wear for prom and what I'm getting is that I should not wear a black jacket?

My date is wearing a gray dress so I am matching her with a gray skinny tie.
    I already have a nice pair of black pants, black shoes and a white dress shirt so I'm just wondering what color jacket I should go with?

Gray or Navy or what?

I don't want to be looking a scrub at Prom.

Thanks in Advance !!!

2. E TF

E TF Senior Member

Well now, ideally you would wear a suit. A suit consists of trousers and jacket (and sometimes waistcoat) made out of the same cloth. Get one in navy or charcoal grey. Black suits are frowned upon in these parts. A nice navy or grey one you'll also be able to wear to weddings, funerals, job interviews, court appearances and other important occasions.

However, it's only a prom and if you don't have to money for a new suit don't sweat it.