1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

need help with matching my suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnvwafer, Aug 14, 2013.

1. johnvwafer

johnvwafer New Member

i have a friend's wedding coming up soon and am planning on wearing my light grey suit with brown belt and tie. what do you suggest is a good color/pattern combination. i am thinking about white shirt with a paisley patterned tie and if i go along with this pattern i am thinking about getting a white paisley pocket square to match the shirt. if i were to head this direction what color tie should i get? i am also open to any other combination of colors/patterns that would go well with my suit. what do you think?

2. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

Grey suit and white shirt is the ultimate in neutrality. You could wear any colour you like. For a festive daytime occasion in the sunshine, wear something suitable like sky blue or lilac. But it's completely up to you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Distinguished Member

The tie probably should be in a festive color, one that is flattering to personal coloring. Wearing two paisley items at a time is virtually unheard of and likely to do more harm than good.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

5. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member