Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help with a new suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pedro, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Pedro

Pedro Member

Hi,

I found a nice "Dei Davico" grey suit in Loro Piana 110's at Winners (in Canada) for 180$cnd.

I was in a hurry and didn't try it before I bought it. The suit fits me well but the sleeves are a bit long for me (about 1 inch.). Before I bring it back for a refund, I have a few question :

Could that be fixed ? Is it easy to change ? Would it still look nice ? How much could it cost me ?

Thanks for your help

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Are there cut (open) buttonholes on the sleeves?

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Yes, yes, better than it looks now, and $35.

Those answers become yes, not really, better than it looks now, and $100 if the suit already has working buttonholes cut (I've seen some Davico suits at Marshalls with working buttonholes already cut -- a truly awful idea on the manufacturer's part).

4. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Don't expect RTW suits to fit perfect on your body. I spend about $180 CDN for alteration on a new RTW suit.

Altering sleeve length is very common alteration and it should cost you no more than $40 CDN total; this includes moving the button and shortening the sleeves.

5. Pedro

Pedro Member

Thanks .. The buttonholes are not open. So, following what you all said, I guess it will be easier and cheaper to do it. I think that I will keep it and I will start looking for a good tailor  [​IMG] (does someone have a good address in Montreal by any chance??)