• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help with a "new home" gift?

KBW

Reaction score
I know there's a name for it but my sister just built her first home (closed today) and I'm visiting this weekend and would like to have a gift for her. Can anyone think of a great and unique gift I could buy her for her first house? TIA

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I beleive the term you are looking for is "house warming". I have no suggestions but for considering what she may need or enjoy (obviously).

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Champagne.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
I beleive the term you are looking for is "house warming". I have no suggestions but for considering what she may need or enjoy (obviously).

Yeah I remembered right after clicking post. I had just gotten back from 2 hours of hell with my trainer and was half out of it.

To the poster above that is a good idea but I think I'll go with a nice case of wine...she drinks a lot more wine than champagne.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Definitely give a consumable. There is nothing worse than having to hold onto something you don't like because you don't want to offend someone.

Food, drink, plants etc.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a silver picture frame in a very simple style. If it comes in a pale blue box, all the better.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Useful house gifts if you know the person well and that they might need something like this (plates, towels, furniture, etc). Otherwise consumables (bath products, house de-stankifiers, hooch, etc).

Or a kayak.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taken from It's a Wonderful Life:

[George and Mary Bailey arrive at Martini's new house. Mary pulls out a basket.]
Mary: Bread... that this house may never know hunger.
[Mary hands a loaf of bread to Mrs. Martini]
Mary: Salt... that life may always have flavor.
[Mary hands a box of salt to Mrs. Martini]
George Bailey: And wine... that joy and prosperity may reign forever. Enter the Martini Castle.
[George hands Mr. Martini a bottle of wine]

lefty

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Taken from It's a Wonderful Life:

[George and Mary Bailey arrive at Martini's new house. Mary pulls out a basket.]
Mary: Bread... that this house may never know hunger.
[Mary hands a loaf of bread to Mrs. Martini]
Mary: Salt... that life may always have flavor.
[Mary hands a box of salt to Mrs. Martini]
George Bailey: And wine... that joy and prosperity may reign forever. Enter the Martini Castle.
[George hands Mr. Martini a bottle of wine]

lefty

Lame

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Bulk package of toilet paper from Costco.

Is she planning to have Sfield over?

JanC

Reaction score
Perhaps posting a budget will help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics