• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need help w/apartment

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Start keeping tampons in your bathroom. Show some courtesy for christ's sake

King Salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I have the extra toothbrushes and a spare bathrobe too.
Do you buy the same toothbrushes you would use, or do you get the cheap ones? My dentist informs me that cheap toothbrushes are bad for your gums (well, not your gums but the girl's gums) but she's only going to use them a few times.

brimley

Reaction score
While it's possible she was repulsed by something in the bathroom, don't overlook the "bathroom as rallying point" possibility. If a girl and her friends want to bail from some guys at the bar, they excuse themselves, talk it over, and then can make a quick exit on the way back. Likewise, seeing yourself in a mirror can spark some soul-searching and panic if you're in an uncomfortable situation, especially if you look a little trashed.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you should take her to a restaurant that has glass tables. You could watch yourself while you are eating.

singhstyle

Reaction score
I simply think she went in to the bathroom to talk to a girlfriend on the phone, had second thoughts, and left. Nothing wrong with that... she might have sobered up enough to use her head for a change.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old-BTF.jpg

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's possible the reason for her leaving had nothing to do with the bathroom. Perhaps she texted her friend who said, I dunno, her ex-bf she's been dying to get back together with showed up at the bar. Or maybe the friend said "Help, your sister Jenny just got taken away by the cops."

Or perhaps she was out at the bar and having a desperate case of the diarrhea and just used you for a clean place to void her bowels.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trip to the bathroom may have "woken her up" from making out with you, or talking with you, and she suddenly said "what am I doing here?". A break in the flow of things can be a deal ender.

Chicks will *always* use your bathroom. So it must be clean.

Another key thing - your bed. They all see it if you have a small apartment. A magazine article on this exact topic once told me to have a "white fluffy comforter". It looks clean, it looks inviting, and is comforting to her. So her brain says, "ok, that's a nice bed". Does your bed look like something she'll want to be in? She'll make a note of it the second she sees it, even if it is just when she has entered your place.

It's also always good to have an interesting alcoholic drink handy. A small bottle of champagne is relatively inexpensive and can give you an excuse to sit on the couch and drink before you start/resume making out. It lets her brain think she just is there for a glass of champagne, which is ok. Being there to make out, in her brain, is not ok.

A recommend a chocolate liquer drink of some sort. Tell her you will make her dessert "Let's go to my place, I'll make you dessert. Do you like chocolate?". (can't fail line)

have fun and upload the video...

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All, sorry to say, but the OP ended up coming out, got married in Canada, and adopted two twin boys from Central America. His partner received a promotion when the boys were eight and ended up having an affair with his boss (a woman), and going straight. The OP's partner was able to convince the judge that he should have the boys, and the OP quit his job to "find himself" in South America. Last report was that he'd contracted AIDS from a transvestite hooker and moved back in with his mother in Colorado. I don't expect he's worried about keeping the bathroom clean anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads