• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help verifying Kiton suit..

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he had an idential one in 40reg that i was tryin for. I asked a few questions, and I think he adjusted the photos on that auction for me-- I think the seller is legit and you will have a great kiton in the closet soon.

str34k

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies! For everyone's benefit I will update this thread once I've had the suit verified..

satorstyle

Reaction score
Two concerns I have are the way the sleeves are finished on the button side of the cuff. Every KITON I own has one side that is folded over the other at a slight angle and hand closed, your's has been finish with the typical machine sewn 45 degree angle which is typical on most suits with finished cuffs. Also the lack of the classic KITON labeled lining is something to be on alert about.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Also the pick stitching looks to be machine made and not hand sewn, I would pass and inform Ebay this item is a copy.

Pedantic Turkey

Reaction score
I think you should assume that those pictures are not of the actual item...

Wicky

Reaction score
I know someone that actually bought an exact same Kiton suit from him under his former ebay name (Sebastian whatshisname). The suit received was a cheap fused (China) fake with Kiton labels sewn in, no handstitching, no Kiton linning inside jacket etc. Eventually got refund but lost out on shipping costs. Soon after the seller in question did no longer list his items on ebay Germany anymore but only on ebay.com, bids have become private and he changed his ebay name ... Since he does not seem to accept paypal I strongly recommend to try and work out that you can pay his with credit card.

There´s a saying, something about smoke and fire......... I hope I´m wrong though.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
You'd better cut it open to be sure.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Also most of the high end sellers have some of the most highly detailed pictures available, these are extremely blurry. I would not pursue it.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that I don't really think Kiton would use such a bland and plain fabric for its suits.

str34k

Reaction score
Jesus...
Maybe I should not send the payment at all and save the trouble... (I am in the process of registering w/ moneybookers.com).

Has anyone ever had a legit Kiton purchased on ebay? If so, any sellers recommended?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh man, you just bought the only fake Kiton suit on all of ebay. Fakes are infinitely rarer than the real thing! Absolutely do not send payment, if it is not too late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads