• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help, tough problem matchin

yellman

Reaction score
alright, it is time to roll up the sleeves. A colleague of mine has to wear this type of material. It is our company's material, heritage if you will.

http://www.jhiggins.net/tartan/Image...slewis_mod.jpg

yes it is that bright.

I was suggesting the following, a 3/2 roll jacket with surgeon cuffs. In terms of the rest of the outfit (the jacket has to be worn), a red vest, goldish tie and then I draw a blank. I am not even firm on the tie or vest but am trying to make the best of it.

go to work guys, need help with the rest of the outfit (everything else is pliable within reason, for example no tie, mockneck or etc).

Newton

Reaction score
Wow. That IS bright.

A red vest doesn't work for me. The jacket is enough on its own. Well, way too much on its own, but ah well.

Working from the bottom up I'm thinking brown shoes, khakis.

As for the shirt, not a solid white. Maybe a white shirt with a light check of some sort. The tie should be something that pulls a colour from the jacket with a colour from the shirt, but just not yellow - or gold.

My 2 cents.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need the other items of your clothing in muted colors unless you want to look like a clown. Think along the lines of charcoal trousers and a navy tie.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Might I suggest a different line of employment? That jacket would constitute (or invite) unwanted harrassment.

All kidding aside, - wow. This could go any number of directions, all potentially painful to look at.

First option - pale blue shirt, red tie, dark tan trousers?
As an experiment - lilac (or pink) shirt, navy tie and trousers (I know, I'll be shot), brown shoes?
To get really out there - royal blue shirt, bone-colored slacks, no tie?

If all else fails - black and white.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to wear this color I'd go for charchoal trousers but I'm not sure what else.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either way it`s going to look horrible, but here`s a try

Brown shoes

brown/tan trousers, moss green trousers, white/cream trousers

solid cream/light beige shirt

dark brown tie, very dark burgundy tie, very dark moss green tie (all preferrably solid)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40