• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need help sourcing suspender parts

longfellow

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post

I'll try and keep this as short as possible.

About 12yrs ago I fell off a lorry and broke my back and in the course of getting it repaired I ended up with 2 stomachs. (the surgeon took the bottom left rib out and mashed it up to form and replace the 3 bottom vertebrae in my back.

This makes it impossible for me to wear a belt and forced me to wear braces from that time on. The price of braces is steadily rissing and I've been looking around for a supplier of Button brace fittings: leater ends, bar adjusters and the back patchs. I expect the leather fitting could be cut from a sheat of leather but I don't want to buy this if I'm unable to purchase the steel fittings. One is no good without the other.

After exstensive serching in Google in which I found several pairs of nice braces (£65 each) I haven't been able to locate a supplier of button brace fittings. So thats why I'm here basicly.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows where I can get these from. I don't need them in bulk, just say 25 0f everything to be going on with.

Thanks a lot.
shog[1].gif

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
I'm sure I saw leather ends at ebay. Sorry for not be more specific.
bored.gif

mic

Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you mean by "button brace fittings".

Do you mean the buttons the braces fasten to? I think you must, as everything else needed is included with the braces (and, in fact, there is always a set of buttons included with a pair of braces, in my experience).

You can buy buttons at any fabric store. Or you can search "bachelor buttons" to find some buttons that you don't need to sew on, but rather pierce the cloth.

Originally Posted by longfellow
Hi,

My first post

I'll try and keep this as short as possible.

About 12yrs ago I fell off a lorry and broke my back and in the course of getting it repaired I ended up with 2 stomachs. (the surgeon took the bottom left rib out and mashed it up to form and replace the 3 bottom vertebrae in my back.

This makes it impossible for me to wear a belt and forced me to wear braces from that time on. The price of braces is steadily rissing and I've been looking around for a supplier of Button brace fittings: leater ends, bar adjusters and the back patchs. I expect the leather fitting could be cut from a sheat of leather but I don't want to buy this if I'm unable to purchase the steel fittings. One is no good without the other.

After exstensive serching in Google in which I found several pairs of nice braces (£65 each) I haven't been able to locate a supplier of button brace fittings. So thats why I'm here basicly.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows where I can get these from. I don't need them in bulk, just say 25 0f everything to be going on with.

Thanks a lot.
shog[1].gif

longfellow

Reaction score
Your right mic, I didn't explain myself that well. So I photographed a pair of braces and a seperate set of metal fittings along side it.

Its the fittings that are the problem, as I can get the elastic and the leather.

Any ideas.

mic

Reaction score
wow, I didn't understand you wanted to build your own braces... I don't know where you might find those parts. Maybe another member will have some idea.

You might modify the thread title so people know what you're asking for- something along the lines of "need help sourcing suspender parts" perhaps. That way the right person might actually see this. You can click on "edit" on your original post, then click on "go advanced".

longfellow

Reaction score
Thanks mic

I see what you mean.

I've re-written the title, but now its on page 3, I doubt if anyone will see it to reply.

Maybe I should re-post with a similar title and content plus another photo, written slightly differently so the forum doesn't think I'm spamming.

I'll give it a couple of days to see if I get any replies and if I don't I'll re-post.

Thanks for the heads up.

mic

Reaction score
It doesn't look like you're spamming.

This is just an out-of-the-ordinary request. Really out of the ordinary. All the same, I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't just one SF user out there who could help you... they just have to see the question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads