• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help picking a graduation present.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I am going to college next year and my parents have offered to buy me a graduation present. I would like something that I'll be able to keep for the rest of my life, and that is relatively useful (my sister got a rug. . .it's very very nice, but, you know).

I've thought about a nice guitar, since that is one of my main passions, but I'd like to see if anyone here has any thoughts?

I've been thinking about a watch as well. I like the uncluttered of Panerais (though will never be able to afford one), as well as the Omega Seamaster GMT. I like brown leather straps, and would like if it was Swiss, since that's where my father's side of the family is from. Also must be at or below $2000.

Any ideas? What was your high school graduation present?

bstang46

Reaction score
I believe I got a platinum pat on the back.

Doc4

Reaction score
What about a great pair of cufflinks? They'll last forever, and you can even pass them down to your son decades from now? And hey, every man needs at least one good pair of 'links!

bstang46

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
What about a great pair of cufflinks? They'll last forever, and you can even pass them down to your son decades from now? And hey, every man needs at least one good pair of 'links!

That is a good idea!!

subourbonite

Reaction score
Hmm, my high school graduation present was a card and a packet of student loan applications, so I can't really relate. However, I second the suggestion for some really nice cufflinks; as long as you don' t lose them, they should last you forever and become a family heirloom.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40