• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need Help: John Lobb monk shoes

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Your link is for a Tods computer case.

The shoes are inside.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Yuckness. Rubber soles. Don't get JL with rubber soles, please!
I've slowly been converting my collection from leather soles to all rubber sole for comfort and practicality. Been eying the C&J Pembroke or Swansea with rubber soles for my next purchase. Would also love to order the JL Redmire or Chapel with rubber soles, just not sure if they are available that way in RTW.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In principle, I would never buy shoes from Ascot.

Certainly, being outside the EU, one of the reasons that has kept me away from buying on ebay is the inability of many (re)sellers to offer VAT refunds.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HarleyBob...I would grab the shoe as the price is decent for a factory second

The grained texture looks nice...and even richer in this brownish/burgundy blend.

If you do not already own a Dainite soled shoe, then try this on to give more depth to your casual shoe wardrobe...especially when it rains or snow

Bummer the shoe trees are not included

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laer Surtep
That's a size 12 C in the US. Is that your size? And as far as the price, I can buy 2 C&J or Peal that are of equal quality
I actually bought these because they were the only ones I could find in an 11B and just luckily were reduced but I would have bought even at regular price.

http://tinyurl.com/2dj6zkh

they are not C width and peal is not "equal quality"

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
In principle, I would never buy shoes from Ascot.

Please explain.

Originally Posted by upnorth
Certainly, being outside the EU, one of the reasons that has kept me away from buying on ebay is the inability of many (re)sellers to offer VAT refunds.

Call the JL store, if you are outside the EU, you will get a 20% deduction for VAT. Ascot's prices seem to be on the high side - closer to retail, so it may be easier to order a pair of brand new one from the store than seconds from him.

Halpless

Reaction score
Hey pal, do you know how to read? I didn't say Peal was the same. And an English E is a US C width. An English F is a US D. I've been buying these things for over 40 years and should know.

So much anger for such a tiny, old man

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey pal, do you know how to read? I didn't say Peal was the same. And an English E is a US C width. An English F is a US D. I've been buying these things for over 40 years and should know.
Whoah; that's a lotta giddyup for such a recent member. General consensus around these parts is UK E = US D. That concurs with my own experience, and I've been wearing shoes for over 50 years, pal.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.