• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help ID'ing a neck tie 'B'

Rampart

Reaction score
I have a neck tie that I can't seem to determine who the maker is..

It was handmade in Canada, and has a small gold colored square tag on it that simply has the letter 'B'. It is silk, and made of a heavier thicker material. Anyone have a suggestion?

John

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother just purchased one of the same from Holt Renfrew in Canada today. I had never seen the label before. It is one of the thickest silks I have ever seen and has a slip stitch, self tipping, saddle stitching, self keeper etc., etc. All the general indicators of a high quality tie. Unfortunately I do not know the maker. One guess might be Breuer. But that is highly suspect.

fkl118

Reaction score
Congratulations, you have found yourself an excellent tie made by Braemore Neckwear:
http://www.holtrenfrew.com/english/f...d=403&expand=m
http://www.braemoreties.com/

They are a well known tie maker in Toronto. They make lots of private label ties and can do custom/bespoke orders. Some product lines are only average while others are simply superb.

The "B" or "bespoke" line is really top-notch. They use excellent silk, have the above mentioned qualities, and are handmade. You'll find the maker's signature on the attached tag.

I see them regularly at the Holt-Renfrew Last Call for $50 or less. They are easily better then the Zegna, Canali, or Charvet ties you'll usually see there. I own several.
thumbs-up.gif

Ed13

Reaction score
About 1 1/2 years ago yhe Harry Rosen carried these ties specifically for the outlet location. I picked one up. Very good quality.

Rampart

Reaction score
fkl118 & Ed13 - Thanks for the ID! Yes, they are indeed nice ties, I was quite impressed with the quality & they look great. I've never seen them at the Holt's outlet, I will take a closer look next time. If there is a selection that's around $50 or so, that's would be a great deal! I'll post a pic of the one I have when I get back in from the holidays.

RAM

Rampart

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the tie in question.. I will probably rock this on new years eve:

btie.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads