Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

need help identifying mens pants brand

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by gargamel19, Oct 16, 2016.

1. gargamel19

gargamel19 New Member

Hi there! I saw a man wearing business casual dress khaki pants (or possibly colored jeans(?)) that i would describe as "fancy" kuhl pants. They had the same look as kuhl's free ryder (maybe) but were more slim cut & had more dressy detailing. He was wearing them with a checkered button down & bow tie. ;)

Any idea what brand of pant this might be? I've checked all the regular department stores with no luck. Hoping to get my hubby a pair. Thanks much for any advice you have! Lori

Similar to these but much more stylish...
    http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/rydr-lean-fit/

2. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior Member

Those pants just scream " I work in IT and do Landscaping on the side". I am sorry to be a little sarcastic in my comment however, to me colored jeans just do not look that well this modern day. Believe me I understand as I sold them when I was in high school for a company called Jeans West and that was a long time ago.

3. andrewmrsid

andrewmrsid Senior Member

I would agree that the details in the Kuhl aren't my aesthetic choice, but it seems like your looking for a step up from that. Cotton or wool 5 pocket pants are still a big presence in better menswear, and I've seen versions from companies like Hiltl, PT05, Zegna, and incotex that are really sophisticated and guys love. Look for something with a clean finish that can pair with a sweater or soft sport coat. The real advantage is a color like gray, olive, tan, or even burgundy pairs with a blue blazer much better than blue denim.