• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need HELP ID-ing Edward Green Shoes

Suze

Reaction score
My Uncle lived in London a few years back, had these Edward Green Shoes he no longer would wear. Well, he never wore them, not even once. They hv EG Sleeve, Harrod's shoe horn, even the box that reads "Style: Elmsley" and "Size: 11 1/2E 202". Is this the correct style? The size I'm sure is an English size; what is the equavilant in U.S. sizes? I want to make sure on the Style as he may hv mixed up the boxes, he had many pairs. What should these list for? (See photos)...thanks for any help you can provide. U can e-mail me at [email protected] &/or answer here. Thanks!

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I don't follow the style names, they appear to be Edward Green's halfstrap penny loafer on the 202 last in size 11.5 E. (probably about a 12 US- I tend to go a half size down for loafers to ensure good heel grip) You have a classic brand, classic style (though I happen not to be a fan of black loafers) and they're in superb shape. I'd expect to get quite a lot for them. I'd start the bidding at 350 and expect it to end much higher, probably around 500.

Nice shoes! If you can, keep em and rock em!

Last edited:

Suze

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your valued help and suggestions. Question: Start bidding? Do you mean on ebay? Can I list them here for auction? You should see some of the fine coats, suits and jackets my uncle gave to me. Doesn't wear them any more and they are too good to simply give to Goodwill. I'm talking Armani Collezioni, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, beautiful suit bought in Italy... does the fee here cover only 1 item? Maybe best on ebay, ...? I've never done this before and am a bit nervous.... anyhow, thanks so much for your reply.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

........ the box that reads "Style: Elmsley" and "Size:  11 1/2E 202". Is this the correct style?........ he may hv mixed up the boxes, he had many pairs.

The loafer is style Montpellier:

Style Elmsley is a lace-up Derby (frequently also in heavy leathers as a country shoe):

Suze

Reaction score
That's what I thought. Hv the wrong box then. Oh well, guess it will just have to do (& be explained).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads