• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding these

DECEMBER

Reaction score
My first post, and I don't want to seem like I signed up just to ask for help (but that's usually why people sign up in the 1st place), but hopefully I can contribute someday. Anyway, please check out this link: http://www.style-arena.jp/en/tribe/ Click on the 1st image from the left (the Top left) And check out the guy's belt and his boots. I want those two pieces of his outfit sooooo bad and something tells me that I won't be able to get it here in the U.S. Something also tells me that the belt isn't matched with the original buckle set. --also, the guy in the top right, any idea what brand/style shoes? So, if anyone has free time please help me look for it or tell me where to look for similar pieces. Thanks! --- And should I mention that I'm not going for that style? I'm going for somewhat of an LA-rocker style and I just really like the belt and perhaps the boots may fit with the style too.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
What's with the attitude? Seems like all newcomers on most forums always get this kind of unhelpful treatment.

Is there something wrong with my sense of style? I ask because a few months ago I use to dress like a slob, and I just became interested in fashion lately.

I like those boots, and those belts. Is there really something wrong with them?
Otherwise, I really need help at least figuring out what brand it is.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newcomers get criticized when they join to post threads asking questions that have already been answered before, they just didn't bother to search for them. In your case, these particular styles are not popular here so perhaps some of the criticism comes because you didn't really look around here to see that for yourself before posting this thread. It would be like going to a Honda enthusiast's forum and asking about Ford pickups, thinking "Hey, they are all cars, right?"

With that said, Dashaansafin's answer is legit. The top three photos totally like the flamboyant gothy/punkish stuff that you would find at Hot Topic. I'm sure you could find similar stores online searching "goth clothes" or "punk clothes"

The bottom three photos just look like bad, over-the-top versions of American trends. Honestly, you'll probably have more luck on AuthenticForum or HonestForum.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
What's with the attitude? Seems like all newcomers on most forums always get this kind of unhelpful treatment.

Is there something wrong with my sense of style? I ask because a few months ago I use to dress like a slob, and I just became interested in fashion lately.

I like those boots, and those belts. Is there really something wrong with them?
Otherwise, I really need help at least figuring out what brand it is.

musicboohoo[1].gif

There are dedicated pinned threads at the top of the forum for questions like these.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Those particular styles are not very popular here so perhaps some of the criticism comes from people who assume you didn't really look around here to see that for yourself before posting this thread. It would be like going to a Honda enthusiast's forum and asking about Ford pickup trucks. With that said, Dashaansafin's answer is legit. The top three photos totally like the flamboyant gothy/punkish stuff that you would find at Hot Topic. Sorry if that offends you. The bottom three photos just look like bad, over-the-top versions of American trends. Honestly, you'll probably have more luck on AuthenticForum or HonestForum.
No I'm not offended at all. I was just looking for a lengthier response as to why, rather than "hell no." I assumed that this forum appreciates many styles, and personally I've been purchasing a few outerwear from B.son and Salvage, so the style shown in the picture isn't really my style either. I'm trying to go for more of a vintage rocker look. but I really like the belt and I'm looking for new shoes for when I go out to Hollywood Clubs. Anyways, with that said... I've been in a Hot Topic and I don't think they carry shoes like that. I believe the style is called Visual-Kei and if you're not just referring to the shoes, an outfit like the one in the picture I referenced can not be matched by anything you would find at hot topic. Yea, I agree that the bottom photos are just lol.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
No I'm not offended at all. I was just looking for a lengthier response as to why, rather than "hell no."

I assumed that this forum appreciates many styles, and personally I've been purchasing a few outerwear from B.son and Salvage, so the style shown in the picture isn't really my style either. I'm trying to go for more of a vintage rocker look.

but I really like the belt and I'm looking for new shoes for when I go out to Hollywood Clubs.

Anyways, with that said... I've been in a Hot Topic and I don't think they carry shoes like that.
I believe the style is called Visual-Kei and if you're not just referring to the shoes, and outfit like that can not be matched by anything you would find at hot topic.

Yea, I agree that the bottom photos are just lol.

This forum does appreciate many styles but those just aren't popular ones, that's why I suggested those other sites, they lean more towards that "LA Rocker" look.

You can probably search online for that stuff using terms like "Goth fashion" or "Punk clothes", there are a lot of webstores that carry it but I bet you'll be hard pressed to find high-quality. If money is no object you might want to look at designers like Virdi-Anne, Drkshdw, Cloak, carpe Diem, Obscur, etc... as they are much higher quality and more popular here. Also try Supertalk.superfuture.net too but those guys can be jerks.

Visual-Kei is, IIRC a little more flamboyant and glam than this stuff, it looks more like these Cyber-Kei photos. This stuff seems like Visial-Kei meets glam-punk.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I've tried searching using those terms but it just results with clothes that look like they came from Hot Topic.
Also, you guys just assumed I was going for that look. I'm not. I just like his belt and boots, which was what I stated.

Thanks, I'll definitely check out those brands.

Any idea about the belt, have you seen anything similar to it anywhere?
Or brands of high quality belt makers...

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok since Brett was nice I will be too. I actually really like what might be considered dark Japanese fashion, but the pictures you posted were over-the-top and costume-y. Still I feel like you are on that right track. Sometimes this forum has too much of an emphasis on traditional Americana stuff so branching out is good. To see this sort of look done right check out www.Ateliernewyork.com , a very exclusive retailer of this style. All of the brands Brett mentioned actually do this sort of look in a much more elegant, classic manner. The fashion forum www.stylezeitgeist.com focuses on this aesthetic and is a great resource. My personal favorite brands like this are Julius, Attachment, Rick Owens and Carol Christian Poell. Remember these are very expensive though and you'll be combing ebay and the like if you like this sort of thing.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without getting into the StyleZeitgeist high-fashion stuff Magician just recommended, I would direct the OP to the Rakuten affiliate button at the top of the page; things like what you posted (and other things that could be deemed as...perhaps, more tasteful) can easily be founded through their store search engine.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT I found it. Not the exact same but I at least know the brand now. (or maybe he did change interchange the buckle). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. http://en.item.rakuten.com/fakeout/1...k=Xfrm%20stutz kinda having doubts about the quality now. It looked so much nicer in the picture with the guy wearing itl. Thought it was made of silver. But i love the carving / gem-set style. Maybe I'll be better off getting a western style belt.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Ah those aren't bad. But what I really liked about the ones in the picture was that parts of it were shiny and parts of it weren't. The double belt is a huge + too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads