• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need help finding slim tall jackets or getting a MTM jacket, please help

samssf

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm at my wits' end trying to find a jacket (or any decent looking clothing really) that'll fit me properly. I have already read through most of the skinny and tall threads on this site and searched around.

I have a couple specific questions and any advice would be appreciated.

1) Is it best to just default to looking online even if you live in a big city in America? There are plenty of clothing places where I live, but none of them carry 38L in blazers or suit jackets, or long/tall sizes of more casual jackets. I'm looking for pretty much everything, since I'm redoing my entire wardrobe as almost nothing I have fits, and it's extremely frustrating that designers pretend 100% of Americans are short and overweight.

2) When I shop online, almost no websites properly list the measurements for clothing. For example, I love this Ben Sherman "shirt jacket": http://www.benshermanusa.com/nshop/p...rwear&both=yes
But it doesn't specify which size the 29.5" length is for, or give any indication of chest size, etc. It's even worse on other sites and when looking for t-shirts.

3) Can I get a jacket like the one above (A "military" style jacket with larger shiny snaps / buttons, shoulder straps, etc) MTM or custom? If not, how can I obtain something like this? I'm at the point where I'm desperate and money doesn't matter. I know exactly what style I like and what I want, and yet no one seems to sell to me.

samssf

Reaction score
Bump. Anyone know where I can get a bespoke "military" style jacket made?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 72 17.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 134 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 30 7.4%