• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding a pair of glasses

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
bump
Can you post better pictures. Or maximize the glasses. From what I see it is a Half Rim Tortoise Shell/ Brown? with pillow/rectangle lens Why can you get a different brand with the same material and style?!?
HJK153442DF_SM.jpg
MUM830DN_sm.jpg

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
The only notable LA glasses company I can think of is LA Eyeworks. It *could* be them, but hard to say.

good advice. two of their "samples" look similar to the pic

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you said they were from LA but I know of a company based out of New York that has a VERY similar model. It is the O&X OT235. (I just happen to have seen this frame the other day)

my 2 cents

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twosnapsandgo

HJK153442DF_SM.jpg

MUM830DN_sm.jpg

I can tell for sure it not either of these frames. The top one has a much thicker "brow line" than the one in the opening post. As well, the side of the eye wires are thicker as well...

I don't mean to bash, but that's just my observation.

Abliss

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I need to clear up one thing, i thought that the top of the glasses has some kind of black/brown rim, but they does not - they are rimless. It is possible to see if you look at one of the pictures.

I forgot, i got some information from the small optical store in Denmark, they told me that it came in three different colors; Silver, Matt Dark Green and Matt dark purple. I am guessing these are Silver. I think it is some silver thread.

The reason i am searching so hard for these is that father saw them once and said that he wanted them - its his birthday soon and i would like to surprise him with these.

/edit that uploading feature at this site got serious issues

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I can tell for sure it not either of these frames. The top one has a much thicker "brow line" than the one in the opening post. As well, the side of the eye wires are thicker as well...

I don't mean to bash, but that's just my observation.

You are totally right - i thought the same in the beginning, for a while i was almost sure it was Oliver Peoples Advocate (beside that the side eye wires looks differently then you look a bit closer, and the top is to thick.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I know you said they were from LA but I know of a company based out of New York that has a VERY similar model. It is the O&X OT235. (I just happen to have seen this frame the other day)

my 2 cents

Hmm, i am as sure as can be. I was told both from the person who bought them, and at the store that they where designed and possibly manufatured at L.A.

In fact, they had to be shipped from L.A. if i wish to purchase them.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just move on? You don't even know whether they'll look good on you. Go to a local optician, try lots of frames on, be happy.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
Bump

This is at least the fourth time that you have 'bumped' this thread. That is quite wrong and an abuse of other members. No one is apparently able to help and in any events such an old design is unlikely still to be in production.

Time to put this obsession to bed or else sleep with it in private.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Why don't you just move on? You don't even know whether they'll look good on you. Go to a local optician, try lots of frames on, be happy.

Why does that bother you? If you feel annoyed by such threads, move on.

Originally Posted by GBR
This is at least the fourth time that you have 'bumped' this thread. That is quite wrong and an abuse of other members. No one is apparently able to help and in any events such an old design is unlikely still to be in production.

Time to put this obsession to bed or else sleep with it in private.

Why is that quite wrong? And abuse to other members, are u serious? With all the flaming going on everywhere and you consider (not even bumping one a day) too be QUITE wrong and ABUSIVE.

And please, do not feel the need to reply (Sander & GBR), my questions was all rhetorical.

Aldehyde

Reaction score
Dude, they are rectangular semi-rimless glasses. There are 100s of manufacturers that make similar models. No, they aren't EXACTLY the same, but close enough.

Seriously, they are not that special.

Buy these, they are way cooler anyway:

icberlinnoaha.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads