• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help coordinating this suit

Hacking jacket

Reaction score
Small point, noticeable you're not wearing metal (silver, brass or alloy) collar bones

I dont understand. Metal? Like cuff links or tie clip?

Silver Paul Smith collarbone removed just now from my shirt

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh~~~ this doesn't look good. I am gonna get crucified! I present to you the FIH!!! The effed up version.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That is much...much...MUCH better than what you were trying (were those windsors or double four in hands or what?).

Tie it a few more times, get the dimple down, and you'll be good to go. Good choice with the color as well.

Last edited:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That is much...much...MUCH better than what you were trying (were those windsors or double four in hands or what?).

Tie it a few more times, get the dimple down, and you'll be good to go. Good choice with the color as well.
Your compliments are much appreciated, sir. But is it possible to have a FIH knot evenly balanced? It appears crooked(?) to me. Your thoughts?
By the way, that was a full Windsor knot (not the red).

Last edited:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sooner or later you'll buy a shirt with them
Just bought two $xk suits from Zegna and two $x (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $x or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $x a pop. And a pair of shoes for $x. And another pair for $x. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

PMed.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just bought two $3k suits from Zegna and two $1700 (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $200 or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $350 a pop. And a pair of shoes for $750. And another pair for $600. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now. 

I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy. That, or they just made an incredibly poor financial decision.

Hacking jacket

Reaction score
I've RLBL and its gorgeous. Its great for full scale alterations. I want it forever and spent time matching material for a spare pair of pants.
Get a good tailor to keep the suits for years to come.
You paid full price, but its an investment.

Sooner or later you'll buy a shirt with them

Just bought two $3k suits from Zegna and two $1700 (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $200 or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $350 a pop. And a pair of shoes for $750. And another pair for $600. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now. 

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy. That, or they just made an incredibly poor financial decision.
Just got a new job and didn't want to buy suits from Macys and I had a stash of savings. Barely put a dent in it. Oh and the signing bonus helped. What was I supposed to do? Got a managerial job paying 6 figures and didn't have proper attire. I need new shirts by the way.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a stash of savings. Barely put a dent in it.

Not sure how this post and your previous post can simultaneously be true, but alright. Most high-end ties can be purchased new for significantly less than $200, unless you were after an esoteric brand that's not commonly sold at Saks or Neiman Marcus. Brioni, for instance, is regularly sub $75 with tax.

Last edited:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
WHERE?!!!!!

Not sure how this post and your previous post can simultaneously be true, but alright. Most high-end ties can be purchased new for significantly less than $200, unless you were after an esoteric brand that's not commonly sold at Saks or Neiman Marcus. Brioni, for instance, is regularly sub $75 with tax.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy.

Well I hate my life now. Sigh.

By the way, the tie knot should be asymmetrical. It's the asymmetry that makes it look better. One reason, for example, why jackets and coats only have one breast pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads