• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need help choosing shoes that would go well with jeans/pants

randomtw

Reaction score
Any recomendations for a black shoe that would look good paired with either a dark blue/black pair of jeans or just regular black "formal" pants (slacks/khakis, stuff you would wear to an interview, etc)?

I'm just looking for something versatile that can both be worn casually to the club/bar/lounge/etc but can also be used for a job interview.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be an impossible order to fill. Anything that would be appropriate for an interview would look out-of-place with jeans at a bar. Best to just get two pairs of shoes, which will keep your good pair looking nicer much longer as a bonus.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont see why a pair of loafers wouldnt be apropriate for an interview or at a bar. my only concern is that at a bar people tend to wear shoes they dont mind scuffing up a bit and at an interview they MUST be polished. you shoudnt have trouble finding a type of shoe. i think your problem lies with keeping them interview ready after a few long nights out.

datasupa

Reaction score
$60 shoes for clubbing and interviews? Aldo or Kenneth Cole. Square toed preferably.

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomtw
Any recomendations for a black shoe that would look good paired with either a dark blue/black pair of jeans or just regular black "formal" pants (slacks/khakis, stuff you would wear to an interview, etc)?

I'm just looking for something versatile that can both be worn casually to the club/bar/lounge/etc but can also be used for a job interview.

Preferably anything under $60 would be fine.

Interview for what kind of job?

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, $60 shoes? Try Nordstrom Racks for a pair that fits your budget. Recommendations become really hard at that price point. Otherwise a black chelsea dress boots will work well with jeans.

Originally Posted by stickonatree
hey look, i searched for jeans + shoes and got a whole crapload of results!

http://styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=1682142

also, the versatility request is near impossible, especially when combined with your price limit.

This is StyleFORUM, not stylegoogle or stylewiki.

Spilotro

Reaction score
Ecco has several that'd suit you, but they are definitely over $60...

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
This is StyleFORUM, not stylegoogle or stylewiki.
oh, i'm sorry, i forgot that in a forum you don't use the search button. thanks for the cool new names though, sounds like you should start them up. you do know how many times this topic comes up, right? (answer: every other day) at least i did the legwork for him as well. edit: the first linky doesn't seem to be working. oh well.

randomtw

Reaction score
by job interview i meant just retail jobs, etc

nothing for anything corporate

just something simple, not too fancy

i'm going to take out the price limit since I have no idea what kind of shoes would even work, i'll just let this be a brainstorm so i can know what to look for

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by job interview i meant just retail jobs, etc nothing for anything corporate just something simple, not too fancy i'm going to take out the price limit since I have no idea what kind of shoes would even work, i'll just let this be a brainstorm so i can know what to look for
if you're not including the price limit, search "shoe jeans" and you'll get 50 resulting threads with this exact same topic.

randomtw

Reaction score
pics would be really helpful as I never really imagined wearing jeans with "formal" shoes

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm going to take out the price limit since I have no idea what kind of shoes would even work, i'll just let this be a brainstorm so i can know what to look for

Your looking at Kenneth cole clearance rack than. Just don't expect the shoes to last all that long.

sanrensho

Reaction score

Ok that narrows it down nicely. I think in retail you can count on being on your feet all day...so comfort is key. As much as I like my Aldens (~$500), I feel like I can play sports in my Eccos ($100-200 and you can find them on sale or get them on eBay). Plus I think some of them go pretty good with jeans or khakis or even slacks. They are just down to earth well made shoes that will last you for a long time...mine are still going strong after many years and several trips across continents where they were the only shoes I brought and wore for days on end. Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads