• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help: Cannot Find Terrine

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the perfect terrine. I know they make them with lids that screw down and put pressure on the pate, after you cook it. Does anyone have a brand name or link?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pio, have you called Bridge Kitchenware in Manhattan? They are amazing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Pio, have you called Bridge Kitchenware in Manhattan? They are amazing.

No, I haven't. I'll Google them right now. Thanks.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No go Phil. Thanks though.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
No go Phil. Thanks though.

You might give them a call and see what they could order for you. I've found the staff very helpful in the past.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
You might give them a call and see what they could order for you. I've found the staff very helpful in the past.

Thanks. I'm itching to make a pate this weekend though, so am trying to find something to get overnighted to me.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was snooping around for you, but couldn't find one that was built to compress the terrine. I'd think your best bet would be getting one that breaks away from the terrine, which are pretty common, and then get a loaf pan that can sit on top of the terrine with Saran Wrap in between.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's one, with a round bottom, that has a flat lid that can compress if you fill the terrine at least above the mold and then place a heavy object, like *******, on top of it to compress.

http://www.boncui.com/aug042.html

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Dawg this is super easy. Get a regular terrine mold, get a piece of wood or plastic cut down to fit the top, wrap the plastic/wood in plastic wrap, and weigh it down with whatever is heavy and fits.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Dawg this is super easy. Get a regular terrine mold, get a piece of wood or plastic cut down to fit the top, wrap the plastic/wood in plastic wrap, and weigh it down with whatever is heavy and fits.

That seems so makeshift. I actually found one with a weighted lid, two upward facing handles, specifically designed to compress the pate. They stopped producing it
frown.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
That seems so makeshift. I actually found one with a weighted lid, two upward facing handles, specifically designed to compress the pate. They stopped producing it
frown.gif

Kwilk is right. That is what I have always done.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Kwilk is right. That is what I have always done.

I know he is...even have diagrams of just this in the Ruhlman book. I just wanted that elegant solution of the screw down lid. I guess I'll get a le Creuset ordered or something
frown.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF guys, am I on ignore with y'all??
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
WTF guys, am I on ignore with y'all??
frown.gif

Oh, sorry man, didn't catch that two in a row posts. Thanks, going to check it out now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads