• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help....borrelli suit mesurement

EvEr37

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a suit of ebay. I'm looking at a borrelli suit in 44r. I'm having a problem figuring out the fit on the mesurements listed for the pants.

I'm a 44r in all my suits and so I met with my tailor this morning with the provided mesurements. No problem with the jacket but the pants are listed
has having a 9.25 in mesurement at the knee and 8.25 at the cuffs. Now all the pants that came with my existing suits are closer to 10.5-11 at the knee.

Are borrelli suit pants that slim? or do you think my tailor and seller are simply not mesuring at the same place>??

note: the pants are listed at 36 waist (normal for 44r jacket) with an extra 2in of extra material

thanks for your help

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm not at home so can't give comparative measurements. However, my one Borrelli suit has not struck me as having unusually narrow legs.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvEr37
Are borrelli suit pants that slim? or do you think my tailor and seller are simply not mesuring at the same place>??

I have both suits and odd trousers from Borrelli - yes, they are that slim.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lawyerdad-- wow, you seriously didn't note any significant difference between your borrelli trousers and other suit trousers?? that was the first thing that struck me about borrelli pants (bought one pair of casual trousers with these very narrow-ankle trousers, ended up returning them). so far, this is the only thing that has prevented me from buying a borrelli suit, much as i would like to (the shape, hand tailoring, etc. all looks great to me).

however, i have heard it varies a little on suits-- suggest looking at the recent photos posted by a forum member regarding alterations to a spectacular borrelli suit, in a glen-plaid pattern. the suit looked excellent, to include the trousers. I think it was Soph who posted the excellent photos, and may have also posted them in the 'what are you wearing' thread.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
lawyerdad-- wow, you seriously didn't note any significant difference between your borrelli trousers and other suit trousers?? that was the first thing that struck me about borrelli pants (bought one pair of casual trousers with these very narrow-ankle trousers, ended up returning them). so far, this is the only thing that has prevented me from buying a borrelli suit, much as i would like to (the shape, hand tailoring, etc. all looks great to me).

however, i have heard it varies a little on suits-- suggest looking at the recent photos posted by a forum member regarding alterations to a spectacular borrelli suit, in a glen-plaid pattern. the suit looked excellent, to include the trousers. I think it was Soph who posted the excellent photos, and may have also posted them in the 'what are you wearing' thread.

Well, it's a slim cut overall. I guess I was really saying that they didn't strike me as uncomfortably or inappropriately slim - they are well-proportioned to the suit as a whole. I'm sure that compared to some of my old BB-type suits, they're much slimmer. But over the last few years I've been wearing fairly slim pants as a rule, so perhaps my frame of reference is skewed.
Edit: I just looked down at the cuffs of the Corneliani odd trousers I'm wearing and realized that by many people's standards they'd be quite skinny. So that's probably the standard against which my comments should be measured.

EvEr37

Reaction score
Thanks to those that replied. I guess Borrelli is just not for me. There is no way a 9.75 in width in the knee is going to fit be right. I have a nice slim fitting Etro suit and even that is a 10.5 in at the knee. Ah well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads