• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEED HELP AND SUGGESTION .... i got cheat on a purchase from Jay S.

Nizza

Reaction score
HI SF friends..

Recently I got a problem with this seller on SF from a member name Jay S.

I'm buying a LVC 44 from this thread
http://www.styleforum.net/t/310190/lvc-1944-raw-501-34x32

Firstly I try to negotiated with him to buy it at $75 shipped to CA and send him the payment

Then he came back telling me that the small box/envelop won't fit.

So i tell him that please refund my payment because I don't want to purchase it beyond $75 which he deny to do and won't give me the refund

I decide to open a dispute against him on paypal.

It was my first time doing this since....I've been buying many many stuffs SF and never engage any problem....

It was early morning and i'm rushing to work...so i didn't state much on the dispute....

When I check the case again Jason reply to the case that he never agree to ship them at $75 and that he require $11.35 more to ship medium box flat rate...... I try to fight the case again (put it to claim on paypal) but lose the claim.....

So I decide that ok....i will give him what he want...

At first i send him $11.80 in normal transaction....he replay back that there he would need 30 cents more...... so I send him additional $1 promptly wishing that this would end and that he would send them out.... but it turns out not to be like that

I saw him online in SF so I send him a message asking for when he will ship the jeans out and for tracking...which seems like he ignore it...

So I email him asking for the same thing....still nothing.....

I'm really frustrating.....

After I day pass i send him an email asking the same thing again....still no reply

I decide to open a dispute again on the $11.80 that i send him......this time i provide paypal as much info as possible....
but the case end with him refunding the $11.80

Which at this point I feel that things aren't looking good.

I keep email him and even send a money request hoping this guy will send back...he cancel the money request....which as i said he was there but just keep ignore my email.....

Now i'm on the process of appealing the case with paypal....

are there any other possibility that i can do to get my money back?

this is his email/papal : [email protected]

thanks
P

Last edited:

Nizza

Reaction score
also sorry for my grammar error...

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How did you lose the first paypal case? First thing to do is call paypal on the phone and talk to them. Next thing is talk to your credit card company and dispute the charge for $75.

Nizza

Reaction score

How did you lose the first paypal case? First thing to do is call paypal on the phone and talk to them. Next thing is talk to your credit card company and dispute the charge for $75.

Allow me to post the message that I send to paypal here....

10-10-2012 12:52 GMT+07:00 - Buyer: i'm sorry for not giving adequate information i was rushing with works. Anyhow here's the whole story. I want to buy a jeans from Jason through a form call styleforum. Please have a look at the converstation between me and him (me=Nizza, Jason= Jay S)

He does even ask me to paid him via gift method which i believe is against paypal term and condition.

Jay SOct 4, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Nizza,Please send payment has a gift to [email protected], include shipping fees of $16.00 with payment. $86.00 totalI have shipped up north before and this will cover shipping chargesI use USPS Priority. Like I stated before the jeans have beensoaked, so they will not be as stiff as they were when they were new.If you want them stiff, just starch them. I will ship out when paymenthas been confirmed.Cordially,

Jason S.Jay SOct 4, 2012 at 6:54 pm
$70.00 for pants + 16.00 for shipping = $86.00I never said shipping was included with price of pants.They are no hidden fees.

NizzaOct 4, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Why don't you use small flat rate box or envelop?it cost just ~$5 If it's possible for $75 shipped+fee include. I'm good to go thanks Pop

Jay SOct 5, 2012 at 12:29
amI'll use the Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box.Put the $75 on my Paypal account.

Jay SToday at 8:06 pm
You are a IDIOT. Your latest message supports this...you must know you are an IDIOT I know others have told you this as well"I'm not being cheap ok? Buying a new pair cost me nothing". If this is true, pay $11.35 for shipping you CHEAP ASS

I can't put all the conversation into the message box...if you can provide me and email I will screenshot the whole conversation and send to you.As you can see I negotiate with him to be $75 shipped+fee included. I suggest him to use the small box flat rate or envelop. He told me that it's too small for the jean but i have brought jean before and it's usable.As in the beginning I told him that if it's $86 I won't buy it.....all i want is just refund

10-10-2012 09:29 GMT+07:00 - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
10-10-2012 09:29 GMT+07:00 - Seller: $70.00 for pants + 16.00 for shipping = $86.00I never said shipping was included with price of pants.I have shipped up north before and this will cover shipping chargesI use USPS Priority. The above statement is what I communicated to the buyer, Vasawat Supaamornkul. The original ad never stated that shipping was included with purchase of jeans. I never agreed to pay for shipping. The buyer did not want to pay for shipping Vasawat Supaamornkul so he suggested that I ship out parcel using a small flat rate box from USPS.The measurments are 8" x 5" 1. This box was only $5.00 When I went to post office and saw how small it was I wondered why he would suggest this.Since the box was so small the jeans would never fit. I saw that the next size box was a medium. This size would work. When I got home I messsaged Vasawat Supaamornkul and told him the box he suggested was too small and that the medium would work and the cost was $11.35. I stated that shipping was not included and that I'm not going to pay for shipping. I told him to send me the $11.35 for cost of shipping and I would send them out ASAP. When I checked for his response. I checked my email and saw that he opened a dispute against me.

10-10-2012 08:18 GMT+07:00 - Buyer: Therefore he didn't ship out the item and ask me to paidMore for shipping cost.
10-10-2012 08:16 GMT+07:00 - Buyer: Didnt perform as negotiated

Last edited:

Nizza

Reaction score
i'm actually in Thailand....but my cousin was in CA....

Also i will call paypal tmr...

About the dispute with bank.... I'm not sure since I connect my paypal with my bank account not credit card...

thanks.
P

Nizza

Reaction score
My paypal transactions...

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Paypal dispute is already closed in his favor? Did you send as gift? If so, you're probably not going to get too far with them unfortunately, but at the very leas call to see. He isn't allowed per their terms to ask you to pay as gift. Leave him a negative trader feedback here as well, though you'll probably get hit with retaliatory feedback, but you can just leave a comment with a link to this thread.

I don't know what protection you get from using a bank account. In my opinion, you should always use a credit card when paying through paypal. However, it's still in your best interest to call your bank ASAP and check.

Lastly, no chance it costs $12 to ship those jeans, even across the country. Dude obviously doesn't know what he's doing. (And for your reference, no jeans won't fit in a small flat rate box)

Nizza

Reaction score

Paypal dispute is already closed in his favor? Did you send as gift? If so, you're probably not going to get too far with them unfortunately, but at the very leas call to see. He isn't allowed per their terms to ask you to pay as gift. Leave him a negative trader feedback here as well, though you'll probably get hit with retaliatory feedback, but you can just leave a comment with a link to this thread.
I don't know what protection you get from using a bank account. In my opinion, you should always use a credit card when paying through paypal. However, it's still in your best interest to call your bank ASAP and check.
Lastly, no chance it costs $12 to ship those jeans, even across the country. Dude obviously doesn't know what he's doing. (And for your reference, no jeans won't fit in a small flat rate box)

Thanks VLSI for yout help

I didn't send him Gift payment....I do it normal Transaction.

I just can my bank....but they said there aren't anything much they can do...I have to contact the police and ask them to report this as a crime....still it's hard since i'm in Thailand and that the seller is in the states.....

I will try to contact paypal in the morning (USA) time to see what can be done.....

And thank you so much for the tips on shipping and the credit card... I will have my setting change asap.

Also I read some thread in the internet about appealing the transaction.... is it possible to do so?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks VLSI for yout help
I didn't send him Gift payment....I do it normal Transaction.
I just can my bank....but they said there aren't anything much they can do...I have to contact the police and ask them to report this as a crime....still it's hard since i'm in Thailand and that the seller is in the states.....
I will try to contact paypal in the morning (USA) time to see what can be done.....
And thank you so much for the tips on shipping and the credit card... I will have my setting change asap.
Also I read some thread in the internet about appealing the transaction.... is it possible to do so?

Police really won't get your anywhere... but I guess you can file a report just because.

You already disputed the transaction on paypal? That's pretty much it. I believe the appeals process is just for the seller if the buyer wins the dispute. Definitely give them a call though when they open. If that doesn't get you anywhere, I think you're SOL on this one, but at least it was a small purchase relatively speaking. Seller sounds like total scum though.

Nizza

Reaction score

Police really won't get your anywhere... but I guess you can file a report just because.
You already disputed the transaction on paypal? That's pretty much it. I believe the appeals process is just for the seller if the buyer wins the dispute. Definitely give them a call though when they open. If that doesn't get you anywhere, I think you're SOL on this one, but at least it was a small purchase relatively speaking. Seller sounds like total scum though.

.........well i will try to call paypal just incase there are something that can be done...

Shouldn't have brought from this guy.....

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if u didnt send it as a gift, how did u lose the paypal dispute for the first one??? definitely call paypal. the police wont do anything for $75.

Nizza

Reaction score

if u didnt send it as a gift, how did u lose the paypal dispute for the first one??? definitely call paypal. the police wont do anything for $75.

I honestly don't know why they in favor of him....
will call them first thing... it's 2.26am here ....

DAMN!

Nizza

Reaction score
And now he close his thread and run away...

Nizza

Reaction score
Just to update with you guys , Paypal has reopen my case again :)

WIll keep you post on the situation

btw, the seller other email : [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads