• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need denim help in Boston

horton

Reaction score
I am ignorant about good denim.

Can anyone point me to a place that can help a 40+ year old and that could also help a teenage daughter (been going to Bloomingdales thus far)

Thanks.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a pre-washed pair of jeans, you should be able to get Earnest Sewn's at Neiman Marcus or Barney's in Copley. For raw denim, APC can be had at Stel's on Newbury St. and a few cuts at Barney's. Your daughter will want trendy denim that can be found at any department store in the Copley Mall (Barney's, Neiman's).

Serg

Reaction score
Stel's in boston on Newbury streeet http://www.stelsinc.com/
There is a much bigger in store selection.
Carries APC, NDG for men and a bunch of womens jeans. dont know the womens brands but they look nice.

Windsurf

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what I would get from buying expensive designer jeans that I don't get from a good pair of Levi's or Lee's? Maybe I am just too cheap but in terms of color I think the various shades of Lee's blue is better than anything I have seen from other makers and the regular fit cut is just perfect.

alk

Reaction score
Riccardi's on Newbury is also worth checking out.

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Windsurf
Can someone explain to me what I would get from buying expensive designer jeans that I don't get from a good pair of Levi's or Lee's? Maybe I am just too cheap but in terms of color I think the various shades of Lee's blue is better than anything I have seen from other makers and the regular fit cut is just perfect.

If you think its perfect then no one is going to sway you otherwise.

different strokes for different folks... thats what makes the world go round.

kakemono

Reaction score

If it is perfect for you, then don't bother getting anything. You are lucky and have found something many of us here spend a lot of time and money trying to find. You are lucky that your perfect fit is a pretty inexpensive jean!

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Samurai.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
I am ignorant about good denim.

Can anyone point me to a place that can help a 40+ year old and that could also help a teenage daughter (been going to Bloomingdales thus far)

Thanks.

Hey, I'm a 40+ old guy (but w/o a teenage daughter). I live in NH but take the train into Boston every few weeks for some shopping. IMHO, you can't beat Stel's - a few months back I bought a pair of Nom de Guerre Classic Fit. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Both Barney's and Louis Boston ahve a good selection of denim. The denim selection at Neiman Marcus and Saks is not good

horton

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up making the rounds. Riccardi's and Stel's were both extremely helpful.

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
Hey, I'm a 40+ old guy (but w/o a teenage daughter). I live in NH but take the train into Boston every few weeks for some shopping. IMHO, you can't beat Stel's - a few months back I bought a pair of Nom de Guerre Classic Fit. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Both Barney's and Louis Boston ahve a good selection of denim. The denim selection at Neiman Marcus and Saks is not good

NDG classics = best cut ever (atleast for me).

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You need to go to Jean Therapy. It's probably the best place in Boston for denim.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
You need to go to Jean Therapy. It's probably the best place in Boston for denim.

Do you know if they stock 5EP? Been looking for the straight down zip in a 34x34.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
Do you know if they stock 5EP? Been looking for the straight down zip in a 34x34.

They didn't nine months ago.... Haven't been back since.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads