• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need denim help in Boston

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also list Kicking Mule and Rag & Bone

Windsurf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
If it is perfect for you, then don't bother getting anything. You are lucky and have found something many of us here spend a lot of time and money trying to find. You are lucky that your perfect fit is a pretty inexpensive jean!

Still I would the education on what other people are looking for, etc. Maybe my criteria for perfect jeans is too narrow and I should be considering other factors. So what is the appeal of the expensive designer jeans? Is it the shade of the tint?
crackup[1].gif
The fit?
drool.gif
The weight of the cloth?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't know if you're messing around or not, but there are a bunch of threads about denim here. Just search a bit, browse some and you'll pick up on it. To sum it up: color, fit, construction, details, denim quality, general aesthetic, and then you have the whole raw jeans thing that fade unique to you. I'm not sure how many of these links still work but it may help. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=13912

Windsurf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I don't know if you're messing around or not, but there are a bunch of threads about denim here. Just search a bit, browse some and you'll pick up on it. To sum it up: color, fit, construction, details, denim quality, general aesthetic, and then you have the whole raw jeans thing that fade unique to you.

I'm not sure how many of these links still work but it may help.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=13912

I'm not messing around. I just wanted to know why people pay do much for jeans when regular Levis or Lees seem just as good. I understand that different makes have features but I would just like a couple of people who buy expensive jeans to describe what they see/feel about expensive jeans that makes them want to pay so much.

backwardshoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Really? I need better eyes. I might check them out when i'm in boston in a few weeks. I just want to see the kmws in person.

jean therapy is a small little shop.
location is nice cause it's right off the kenmore stop. out of the station and about 40 paces left.
it's slanted towards women though, with about 70% of the stock being for the ladies.

for guys, the only pieces i've liked are the kmw's, es fultons, rag/bones, and 5ep.
there's not a whole lot of raw stuff in there. even harder is finding the size as it seems they only get 2 pairs in the same waist for every cut and wash.

the blonde working inside isnt too bad. more sales oriented, and tells you what you want to hear. helpful enough though since she'll usually pull the jeans and start a room while you tell her what you want.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filenes on Boylston sometimes has a good selection of jeans but you have to hit it right as they go fast. Maybe not raw stuff but some decent stuff at good prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads