1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. keal

keal Senior member

It's a great manga/anime series, and when I have stuff with YKK zippers, I just tell myself it's an unofficial merchandise tie-in.

I'm so easy to satisfy [​IMG]

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

yeah i love those hoodies. i need to get one- i just have a w&h hoodie.

oh. i was talking to the LW guys today. they do MTM and bespoke hoodies. Y30000 and starting at Y50000 respectively! haha. takes about a month or more to do the bespoke apparently. if you get it done- you get one of those cool wooden boxes i posted up earlier.

damn. those are some expensive zippers.

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

oh another note about LW.

the pocket T's and pocket LS T's are made of swiss cotton. very nice and soft- thicker than the standard blanks. i might pick up one or two before i leave. i'll post a pic of someone wearing it in a magazine later.

4. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Riri zippers are about $14 apiece wholesale. YKK you can get 50 for that price. Spruce hoodies have a lot more going for them except for the zipper, though. The stitching, the cut, the construction of the hood, are all top notch.

Yo la guy,

sorry for the jack. I don't know much about hardware. So riri zippers are quality? How about cobra buttons?

5. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

loopwheeler pocket t- in the tshirts awards 2006 [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

anyone know if the USPS handles EMS packages? had my package from derrick sent to my work address not knowing how fast it would get here (they tried delivering today on memorial day). i'm pretty sure all usps is closed for memorial day. who delivers the packages and is it possible for me to go get the package now?

7. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

^ Everything I've had shipped EMS from Japan is delivered USPS Priority. They do seem to try to make at least one delivery attempt on days they don't usually work; after that, I think they wait until a normal business day.

I've never had more than one failed delivery attempt so I don't know at what point they stop trying to deliver, or how they notify you.

8. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i think they hold it for 7 days. i'll just go pick it up tomorrow. hopefully the delivery notice doesn't get ripped off by someone.

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

They hold it 5 business days after the 2nd delivery attempt, I believe.

10. Jetta

Jetta Well-Known Member

my postman handled it like an express delivery, even actually getting my signature instead of leaving it in the big box. I have a feeling these are handled differently depending on the post office. My mailman used to be stationed in Japan, so he may have given priority to the EMS shipping.

11. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Is there a page on Rakuten that posts measurements of 45rpm?

12. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Is there a page on Rakuten that posts measurements of 45rpm?

Sorahiko measurements: http://store.45rpm.jp/main/shop/good...?goods=5086902

No Jomon's on their website, and I think 45rpm is only sold in their stores (but I could be wrong)

13. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

If an AA small t-shirt is a perfect fit on me, what size would I need for a loopwheeler tee? I'm thinking about getting a couple.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

If an AA small t-shirt is a perfect fit on me, what size would I need for a loopwheeler tee? I'm thinking about getting a couple.

Loopwheeler S is pretty close to AA S, but cut a little larger.

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Well, after a ridiculous amount of comparing measurements and so forth I think it's come down to these Samurai S512XX BCIIIs.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/540681/617425/

They look like they are a very slight bootcut, which I think will work well since I'm pretty tall (I am finding that the tapered leg on my SC Okinawas doesn't work so well given my height). The only question I have is the rise, which isn't listed. I am assuming since they are a mild bootcut the rise will be very slightly less than average.

The alternative is the SD-105, which I like because it's a lighter weight and seems to be a darker color. The SD-105 has the exact measurements of the SD-103 except it's 1cm wider at the bottom of each leg. The concern with these is the rise, though. At 25.5cm for a size 32 it seems REALLY low rise. Maybe someone with an SD-103 can comment.

16. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

The 103s are pretty lowrise from experience. I think Minya also mentioned the crotch crushing experience before they stretched out.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

Well, after a ridiculous amount of comparing measurements and so forth I think it's come down to these Samurai S512XX BCIIIs.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/540681/617425/

They look like they are a very slight bootcut, which I think will work well since I'm pretty tall (I am finding that the tapered leg on my SC Okinawas doesn't work so well given my height). The only question I have is the rise, which isn't listed. I am assuming since they are a mild bootcut the rise will be very slightly less than average.

The alternative is the SD-105, which I like because it's a lighter weight and seems to be a darker color. The SD-105 has the exact measurements of the SD-103 except it's 1cm wider at the bottom of each leg. The concern with these is the rise, though. At 25.5cm for a size 32 it seems REALLY low rise. Maybe someone with an SD-103 can comment.

Those already look pretty flared to me. In practice, they probably won't look that wide, but I don't think I'd go wider than that judging by the pic.

18. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

looks like xx-003's are back in.

19. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

SCII D'artisans:
                        __
                     丿.   ゝ
      ヘ⌒ヽフ⌒ っ       /  人  \       ε ⌒ヘ⌒ヽフ
     ( ・ω・ )  ) ───/  /   \  \─── (   (  ・ω・)  
      し─ J ーし     ヽ/       \ノ       しー し─J

20. parachutes

parachutes Senior member

Sorahiko measurements: http://store.45rpm.jp/main/shop/good...?goods=5086902

No Jomon's on their website, and I think 45rpm is only sold in their stores (but I could be wrong)

as far as i know, 45rpms arent sold online anywhere else than at their own website. they have a decent number of stores here and have a strong following, so i bet they wouldnt need more routes/exposure than they already have.