need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

thinking about all you guys, i actually measured all the sizes of the AI-001's in the shop (the lady was being nice) but i think i lost the piece of paper. i'll keep looking.

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Hehe, that's too bad. Thanks a lot for the effort [​IMG]

3. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

Awesome Roland [​IMG] BTW, I'd be interested in just a waist measurement. I kind of sit in 33 territory (well, I thought it was 32 territory until last weekend, when I tried on some 501 LVC in 32 and couldn't button them up) so I'm a bit hesitant.
    The waist on the AI-001's measures 34 inches (17 inches across the back). I've worn these for almost a week with a fairly tight belt. The fit is very close to my Piggy 003s (maybe a bit larger in the thigh). I wouldn't worry about Levis. In some of their LVCs, I can't get past the second button in a 34 and then sizing up to a 36 doesn't work. As for their popularity, it is a bit suprising. At the same time, the jeans have a regular fit, unique matzah like denim, and are natural indigo.

4. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

is this good or bad?

5. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i just called nyc's 45 rpm store and asked for the bottom leg opening measurement for the sorahiko's, which was 9.7". does this sound about right? i was under the impression the sorahiko's were less wide than that. i guess, it also depends on the waist size of the jeans she measured.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

i asked someone on the other SF and they said 8.5

7. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

is this good or bad?
    As Ringring said, "its not for everyone". If you like thick chunky natural indigo denim, you will love these. The denim is the nicest I've ever seen. If you're in the Dior Homme /Slim Kim crowd, you might not like them. I'm editing pics right now, so everyone can form their own opinion.

8. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

I also have the AI-001s and Roland is, if anything, toning down the realities of their texture. These things are genuinely 3D. It's very unique and totally unlike any other denim I've seen. And it's definitely not for everyone - I'm not even sure I like it, but at that price I'm sure trying.

9. mgroup

mgroup Member

Thanks Roland. Can't wait to see the pictures!

10. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

haha matzah like denim.

11. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

red moon wallet, 3 years (color SD), owned by Red Moon Fan Club Shop worker. [​IMG]

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

heads up:
    my girlfriend will be visiting from may 31-june 13. i will still take orders but don't expect my response and processing time to be as fast as it is now. so if you want something, get your orders in now to avoid waiting longer.

13. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Senior member

heads up:
    my girlfriend will be visiting from may 31-june 13. i will still take orders but don't expect my response and processing time to be as fast as it is now. so if you want something, get your orders in now to avoid waiting longer.

when are you leaving Japan? I have a lot of things I want to order, but I'm trying to decide on just one or two things. Hard!

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i don't know. early-mid july. and i might be travelling around for a bit, so the service isn't guaranteed to last all of june.

good news (well bad for your wallets). xx-003's should be done in a week. i saw the pbj owner today- i plopped three ai-001's on the counter and all he had to say was SUGOIIIIIII (cool! awesome! dope! whatever).

the samurai S0500xx will also be available next week in very limited quantities.

45rpm also has a model no one talks about. the kazehiko. its a zipfly non-selvedge, distressed model. really nice actually. run the same price as a sorahiko OW. so if you want a cheap 45rpm distressed model this would be the one to get.

Aihiko OW are only available in 27, 29, 31, 32, 33.
    Aihiko distressed are only available in 28, 30, 31, 32, and 34.

15. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

haha i laughed imagining the PBJ owner exclaiming at your 3 purchases.