1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Brian, my belt guy could probably do some cool wallets...not sure if he has yet that I know of. I know he's doing some custom stud/jeweling work for my buddie's gf's leather purse straps right now so I don't see why wallets would be much different. I might see him this weekend so I'll ask if he does any wallet work and get any relevant info.

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Distinguished Member

Wild Swans, eh? Anyone have pics or know of a homepage? A Google search turned up a bit of randomness. Thankfully nothing to do with menstruation.

3. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Distinguished Member

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

www.wildswans.co.jp They have them in the natural (pale) leather that the Red Moon wallets come in.

5. Manny Calavera

Refer here to get an ideal of what Wild Swans has to offer: http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/leather.htm
    Wow, thanks. I think I like the overall look of Red Moon better. Wild Swans has amazing presentation and I don't really know anything about how they're made, but they seem a lot more minimalist and I'm not big on the logo stamps. Red Moon seems to have more character. Of course, that's a very uneducated opinion. By the way: of the Red Moon wallets, is the light saddle-leather the only leather in which you see a dramatic change?

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

They're two different takes, really. The Wild Swans stuff has a more luxurious edge to it, while Red Moon is all about being rough and tough. Both of them are really serious though. You could always get a WS coin purse and a RM wallet, or vice versa. [​IMG]

7. mogwai

mogwai Member

Any idea what the Wild Swans Spanker II goes for? I want one.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Any idea what the Wild Swans Spanker II goes for? I want one.

Some ¥30,000 or so I believe.

9. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

^ speaking of which, have you sent my wallet yet? [​IMG]
    i already sent you your tracking number yesterday.

10. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

i can get wild swans if you guys want them, but it won't come cheap!

i'm probably getting a spanker, but i'm just having trouble with what color to get. black will match everything else, the choco is a beautiful color, and the natural is too light for me but it will turn to a nice color down the line.... ah choices.

11. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior Member

you know, a holiday like this is probably setting you back a bomb. how do you stop yourself from picking up an item each time you go shopping for someone else's stuff?

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

haha, i have amazing self control! yeah right. but really- you guys are putting me through a lot!

13. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

i know a few of you have gotten packages already, yet no one has posted a thread about my service so people actually know i'm legit here. so someone, please start a thread. thank you.

14. Manny Calavera

i can get wild swans if you guys want them, but it won't come cheap!

i'm probably getting a spanker, but i'm just having trouble with what color to get. black will match everything else, the choco is a beautiful color, and the natural is too light for me but it will turn to a nice color down the line.... ah choices.

That's exactly what I was thinking with my Red Moon wallet. Black matches, however the tan will be soooo beautiful. Sigh...I'm getting this in saddle leather:

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/brand/redmo...01a/index.html

They're an exorbitant amount of money (which I'm sending you right now, as I'm sobbing) and we'll never speak of this again.

15. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

hey, thanks to parachutes's help, i think we have located more xx-003's (up to W34). also here are some pictures of a PBJ distressed model. i'll post pics of the store in a bit. [​IMG] [​IMG]