• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need comment on this Kiton odd jacket.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that jacket quite a bit, $700 is not really outrageous for Kiton, as I believe their suits are $1400-1500 at closeout, and even on ebay you won't find too many sportcoats for much lower prices. I think it would be pretty sharp in a casual or semi-formal outfit.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but it looks so nice .. and it's size 43R (my size)
sad.gif
I only wish it was not used
sad.gif

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
It's gorgeous, but I personally would hesitate before paying $700-750 for a jacket whose button-holes have already been cut. You're looking at an expensive alteration if your arms are significantly longer/shorter than the person who originally owned the jacket.

This is the kind of thing that if it came NWT, basted sleeves, etc., would be worth the premium (by eBay standards anyway) price.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's gorgeous, but I personally would hesitate before paying $700-750 for a jacket whose button-holes have already been cut. You're looking at an expensive alteration if your arms are significantly longer/shorter than the person who originally owned the jacket. This is the kind of thing that if it came NWT, basted sleeves, etc., would be worth the premium (by eBay standards anyway) price.
Sad .. but I agree with you man ..
sad.gif

uriahheep

Reaction score
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase.
wink.gif

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase. Â
wink.gif
If I see a guys who's wearing this jacket and white shirt, pants and light tan or white shoes ..I'll say to myself, "now .. thats real pimp .."

MikeF

Reaction score
And you want to look like a pimp because...?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase. Â
wink.gif
Lance Hughes (Discostu) has an orange Kiton sportcoat which he referred to as "superdope". Â
biggrin.gif
And yes, the fabric on this jacket looks really nice, but there's no way I could see myself buying it unless I was absolutely swimming in cash.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't think it's pimp. A little flashy. Rich man showing off, but not pimp. I agree about the sleeve buttonholes. Proceed with caution.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's pimp.  A little flashy.  Rich man showing off, but not pimp.  I agree about the sleeve buttonholes.  Proceed with caution.
Manton,

I heard Kiton stitches jacket shoulder seams like shirt sleeves. Can a tailor replicate this if I ever need to fix a Kiton jacket's shoulders?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I heard Kiton stitches jacket shoulder seams like shirt sleeves.
This is not correct. Well, maybe they do for some markets, but not for the American market. All Kiton coats that I have seen in the US have set-in sleeves with a shoulderpad. You should not have a problem with alterations.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything "pimp" about it at all. It's beautiful. It would look stunning with jeans, gray flannels, etc. Looks very flexible to me. Kiton cashmere blazers are over $4,000 full retail (at least at Neiman-Marcus), so this is obviously a significant discount.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when I say pimp, it sort of means phat -> cool -> etc ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads