• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Austin Texas tailor for quick and (relatively) easy alterations

insp86

Reaction score
Hey all-

I'm looking for a tailor to do some some pretty simple alterations on a new tuxedo. I need the pants hemmed and the jacket sleeves shortened just a touch. The bad news is that I need it by the end of next week....

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations before I leave this afternoon to go get the work done at Capra & Cavelli -- they do a great job but they're expensive and particularly so when you didn't buy the clothes to be altered from them.

Thanks so much, I appreciate the help.

Meursault-

Reaction score
I used the Ace Tailors on South Congress before with satisfactory results. That location is now closed, but there is another at Lamar and 12th by The Tavern.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I use the 12th St Ace for simple alterations with good results.

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I use the 12th St Ace for simple alterations with good results.
Me too, but the question is still valid. Where is the "real deal" (old, male) tailor hiding out, when maybe you have more than simple alterations to be done?
confused.gif

mbell

Reaction score
Oliva's is right near Capra and Caveli, but he usually has about a week turnaround time. If you ask, he might be able to get it done sooner. His prices are comparable to most others, including Ace. For basic stuff, Ace should be fine as others have said. Be real specific and insistent about what you want though. I've only been to the one at the Mall. The one on 12th is better I think.

mike

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've used Francesca Childress for more advanced operations like recutting a suit. She is the one that works for Capra and Caveli. Maybe it's cheaper if you contact her directly. (512) 217-9240

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads