1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need asian translation please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Stewie, May 1, 2013.

1. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

This is off a vietnam era shirt I believe, but need a translation for me to truly get an idea of where its from.

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ isn't that korean?

3. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Yea, thats why i need to figure out what it says...gives me an idea of where the guy was stationed.

4. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's Hae-byung dae, the Korean Marines.

If it is from Vietnam, they were stationed out of Da Nang; otherwise, they are garrisoned on the outskirts of Seoul.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  5. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

So actually it looks like it's actually Korean War vintage, from a USMC member. Found another shirt from same guy today that is WW2 vintage.

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think the Koreans had a military during World War II as they were under Japanese occupation. The RoK Marines weren't formed until 1949.