• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need an opinion...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$650

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
Considering it hasn't been worn, maybe that's not so bad?

I don't know...what's a more reasonable price? They're bound to accept something.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saks had a similar suit for about $300 during final cut, for reference.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go on the net and try to get more information on this particular item or collection...
I do not know a lot on Alfred Dunhill but as a second hand suit (with the problems involved) it maybe a bit hefty .
Do not forget that you can get nearly a new Canali or Corneliani on sales at this price...
I always wait for the sales to buy mine...
A suit is always an investment and you must buy quality.....
I will not advise you for fitting reasons to buy online...
It is very important that the suit fits you perfectly....
A 42r Christian Dior is not a 42r Pal Zileri and so on...
I used to think that an ill-fitted Brioni is making me look lgood but i can tell you that there nothing worse ,as a first impression, than turning up with a suit too big or small...
If you look for quality ,Zegna,Canali,Christian Dior,YSL Rive Gauche,Pal Zileri,Ralph Lauren,Corneliani,Gucci,Paul Smith are always good bets...
Brioni is not in the same league!!!
If you do want cheaper suits: Crombie,Milano,Ted Baker,YSL,Reda,Tessuti Zegna are offering more than decent options...
Do not forget,The suit must be fitting not only your body but also your all persona because it only take a few seconds for somebody on a first meeting to establish a lasting sometimes mental picture of a person...
Conclusion:If you can ,buy a few very good ,well-fitted business suits...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Go on the net and try to get more information on this particular item or collection

What's wrong with SF?

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think most of would agree with lasbar's general points, but perhaps not with this:
If you look for quality ,Zegna,Canali,Christian Dior,YSL Rive Gauche,Pal Zileri,Ralph Lauren,Corneliani,Gucci,Paul Smith are always good bets...
Brioni is not in the same league!!!

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Considering it hasn't been worn, maybe that's not so bad?

I don't know...what's a more reasonable price? They're bound to accept something.

What is it about this particular suit that sparks your interest? The price does seem quite steep, especially for a suit that's been altered and evidently has been hanging in somebody's closet for several years.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
for reference, brand new Dunhill suits are selling for around $500-$650 on STP.

The Dunhill suits at STP are made in Japan.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you mean by sf?
Is that an existential question?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lawyerdad, is it the Brioni statement or certain elements of the list ,you do not agree with?
It is what i like with this forum ,we all have different tastes and experiences with certain brands ,that is the reason why Style forum is interesting...
I love my suits and my shoes and this forum is very useful to get interesting information or people opinions on the matter...

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
for reference, brand new Dunhill suits are selling for around $500-$650 on STP. and these you can return if you don't like them.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/eui...d=10E766D36220

the 20% off coupon might even be floating around somewhere.

-Jeff

Like Tomasso said, the current STPs are made in Japan. I think many have not had favorable views of this version. The Dunheel being sold is a fully canvassed Zegna made in Italy. Still, it's a windowpane, and pretty steep at $650. If you like it, however, it's not a bad deal.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40