• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need an alternative to my clogs!

Tom

Reaction score
I am on my feet for eight to ten hours per day. My feet would die of fatigue if it weren't for my Dansko clogs. However, they are quite obviously casual. Anyone able to suggest a nice dress shoe that is extraordinarily comfortable and supportive?

-Tom

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if soft orthotics meet your criteria, but Allen Edmonds makes some of those such as the Benton or Ashton.

Regards,

dan

jrh

Reaction score
Check out Mephisto. If there is a Walking Company store near you, they have a sale on Mephisto.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Mephisto.  If there is a Walking Company store near you, they have a sale on Mephisto.
Mephisto shoes cost a fortune, but they are worth it.  I have had a pair for nearly four years, and they just won't wear out.  I can wear them all day, and my feet never get sore.  Very comfortable.  I believe that you can send in a worn pair to the factory for a new sole.

jrh

Reaction score
Mephistos range in price from $250.00 to $400.00. They can be found on sale. The line includes classic walking shoes/boots to shoes suitable for suits and ties. Mephsitos share space in my wardrobe with Edward Green and J M Weston. They are equally cherished. The qaulity of Mephistos' is worth the price. Considering the comfort factor, they are well worth the price. They are made in France and Portugal. The can be sent back to Mesphisto USA to be rebuilt. See www.mephisto.com.

Tom

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all of the responses. I'll look at some of the options presented next time I make it across the bay.

-Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads