1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need an alternative to my clogs!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tom, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Tom

Tom Senior member

I am on my feet for eight to ten hours per day. My feet would die of fatigue if it weren't for my Dansko clogs. However, they are quite obviously casual. Anyone able to suggest a nice dress shoe that is extraordinarily comfortable and supportive?

-Tom

2. watchingdetails2002

watchingdetails2002 Senior member

Try Rockports or Ecco's. But don't they make a clog that looks like a dress shoe?

3. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I don't know if soft orthotics meet your criteria, but Allen Edmonds makes some of those such as the Benton or Ashton.

Regards,

dan

4. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Even better from Allen Edmonds is the Stockbridge - Natural rubber sole with a Poron insole, not a foam insole. My store has been selling them great

5. jrh

jrh Well-Known Member

Check out Mephisto. If there is a Walking Company store near you, they have a sale on Mephisto.

6. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

If dress casual is OK, then here's a second vote for the AE Stockbridge. Very comfy. Also look at the Cole Haan Savoy. A pair of suede lace-ups would also be very comfortable but may not be dressy enough.

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Mephisto shoes cost a fortune, but they are worth it.  I have had a pair for nearly four years, and they just won't wear out.  I can wear them all day, and my feet never get sore.  Very comfortable.  I believe that you can send in a worn pair to the factory for a new sole.

8. jrh

jrh Well-Known Member

Mephistos range in price from $250.00 to $400.00. They can be found on sale. The line includes classic walking shoes/boots to shoes suitable for suits and ties. Mephsitos share space in my wardrobe with Edward Green and J M Weston. They are equally cherished. The qaulity of Mephistos' is worth the price. Considering the comfort factor, they are well worth the price. They are made in France and Portugal. The can be sent back to Mesphisto USA to be rebuilt. See www.mephisto.com.

9. Tom

Tom Senior member

Thanks so much for all of the responses. I'll look at some of the options presented next time I make it across the bay.

-Tom