1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Shaney777, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Shaney777

Shaney777 Member

Hi all,

I'm new here; I just joined a few minutes ago and need some style advice. I usually wear a solid V-neck sweater on top of a dress shirt and tie, with chinos and tassled loafers with bright socks. My question is this: would it be fine (look good, I guess) to wear the V-neck sweater, dress shirt, and tie combo with cargo/madras shorts? I'm going for a really preppy look (think New England). If so, I would probably be wearing some eccentric Sperry boat shoes with it. I am 19, by the way. I would love for some of the more experienced members to post, and anyone that is from the New England area.

Thank you,
    Shane

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

This is what people would call a "small question." The answer is sort of - no tie and madras shorts would be better than cargo shorts. It's look for a summer day having fun on or near the water. Strange time of year to be asking the question.

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

Swap out the madras & cargos for some nut hugging short chino shorts (>6" inseam) and you will have a winner!