1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice! What to wear to my cousin's wedding

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Hampstead86, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Hampstead86

Hampstead86 New Member

Hello!

This is my first post in this forum and I would like to ask you for some advice on what to wear to my cousin's wedding which takes place in August .

Now what I already have is a suit. I wear suits to work regularly so I can choose between a grey and a dark blue one. I tend to go for the blue one. In terms of shirt I though I'd wear a striped one. It's mid-blue/white.

Any suggestions for shoes? I've got brown ones and a matching brown belt. The biggest challenege for me is what tie to wear. Obviously I do not want to look boring or awkward. What I had in mind was something with green?

What do you think? Thank you very much in advance!

Jeremy (from Hampstead)

2. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Well-Known Member

Is the wedding in the evening? If it is the dark blue suit will certainly be OK. If the wedding is a daytime function, I would wear the grey suit.
    It is summer! If you want to have a tie that is not somber, take a look at my silk shantung ties- $49.50 ( www.chippneckwear.com) Both the stripe and the check will work with both dark blue and grey.

Paul Winston
    Winsron Tailors/ www.chippneckwear.com

3. Hampstead86

Hampstead86 New Member

Thanks!

It start after midday and lasts into the evening.

So in terms of colour and pattern of the tie what would you suggest if I may ask?

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Either dark suit will be fine, bright coloured tie as this is supposed to be a joyous occasion and unless the lawyers are already hovering should be OK.

Always remember the old adage - 'Both the lawyers and the caterers reported it to have been a 'most satisfactory union!'

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hi Jeremy,

I'm glad that you've gotten many responses to your question. I'm going to move this to Menswear Advice, where other member may benefit from your having asked this question.

Cheers,

Fok.

6. azwealth

azwealth Member

I have learnt some tips from this thread.