1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on wear to get a "casual suit"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dayknight, May 6, 2004.

1. Dayknight

Dayknight New Member

Hi guys.

I'm admittedly fashion retarded, but I need some advice.

I have been recently invited to a party at a swank Dallas area club- dress code strictly enforced.

I'm wanting to wear a snazzy suit- preferably something not worsted wool, or matte finished. I'd like something black with a bit of sheen.

To which retailers should I go looking for a suit such as this, and what specifically should I be asking for? Suits at most retailers are designed for the businessman, and not really what I am seeking. Unfortunately I'm on a tight schedule that probably will not leave me time to order anything. It will have to be a retail outfit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Morgan

2. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

are you in dallas? if so, call Stanley Korshak at 214.871.3645 and ask for John Spillyards, tell him lance sent you. he knows more about clothing than anyone i know. they carry canali, belvest, kiton, barbera, purple label, so depending on your budget, you're probably looking at $1,000 thru $6,000. they also have the best tailor i've ever dealt with

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Dolece & Gabanna has some nice sharp trandy suits.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

You'll get plenty of wear out of a casual suit, as long as you don't dry clean it too much.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

The rules for a casual suit are as follows:

1. Look at the suit and ask yourself, "Could I wear this to work?" If the answer is No, then it's ok.

2. Don't wear it with a tie.

3. Don't go for an understated look, save that for the office; you're not trying to blend in. Stand out.